Classic on Ebay

MikeBristol

Classic on Ebay

Post by MikeBristol »

A very expensive machine for someone with deep pockets - number 40, Ebay item 144347245869
Mike
holger999

Re: Classic on Ebay

Post by holger999 »

Hello, do you have a link to the ad?
holger999

Post by holger999 »

Purchased new from Norton Factory as an investment by first owner. Number 40 of only 100 ever manufactured. Never used on the road.
Last owner (a skilled engineer) has carefully detailed the Norton to better than new condition. Starts and runs as it should. Document file includes original letters and purchase invoice from the Norton Factory, handbook, logbook and registration documents. This has to be a unique opportunity to purchase an unused concours rare Norton Classic Rotary Engine Motorcycle. Located near Skipton North Yorkshire, Call Ken on 07780 700418 for more information or to arrange a viewing.
holger999

Post by holger999 »

johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

What a shame, I doubt very much that this machine will ever be ridden in anger,and will be purchased by someone with VERY deep pockets as an investment,but they may very well "Catch a Cold"as people who know about the rarity of these unique machines must be getting less as the years go by,J.B.
trevair

Post by trevair »

Im sure whoever buys it would have to have it a long while to make a profit on that bike knowing what i know now about the temperamental engine if not used regularily molied or not
Happy new year to you all
BlackIP2

Post by BlackIP2 »

So there is someone out there with deep pockets - it's sold...
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Anecdotal:

Back in the early '70s, I collected Comics from "The Silver Age", mostly Marvels, and etc.
Most of them ended up getting stolen but that sad story is for another time.

Anyway, there was a Collector/Reseller named Howard Rogofsky who sold comics for which you would definitely pay a premium but if you wanted a particular comic, such as the "First appearance of Thanos, created and drawn by Jim Starlin", you could get it.

Rogofsky put out a Newsletter and I well remember that he offered a copy of "Hulk #1" for $60.
SIXTY DOLLARS!
It's an OLD. OLD story but:
https://www.cbr.com/incredible-hulk-1-sells-490k/

In Inflationary Times, you pay the Premium knowing that others make decisions based on current prices, not Future Value.
"Here's the Deal...I gotta Norton Classic and you don't...The wheels turned only to get the bike from the trailer to the garage...So: You want it? Pony up the cash, Jack..."

Several years into the Great Inflation (Iteration number _____), someone will be thrilled to get this Norton Classic - at a great premium.

If I had one I would ride it but when I had the $60 for Hulk #1, what did I do?

An old, old story...

CW
racecomp

Post by racecomp »

It sold for the full amount also £22,500 it’s going overseas apparently. The one in America sold yesterday for $15,400 that was cheap.
James

Post by James »

racecomp wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:34 am It sold for the full amount also £22,500 it’s going overseas apparently. The one in America sold yesterday for $15,400 that was cheap.

Looking for the person here in the states that bought that Classic wink