Interesting Interpol on Ebay

MikeBristol

Interesting Interpol on Ebay

Post by MikeBristol »

Noticed this listed recently, pretty hefty price-tag: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203278017417?ul_noapp=true
Mike B
BlackIP2

Re: Interesting Interpol on Ebay

Post by BlackIP2 »

I was just about to post it up too but you beat me to it.
Pretty hefty price tag is an understatement, and I'm pretty sure this one has been up before with its TRRL trimmings. I seem to recall from previous comments that there is no way it can be ridden on the road (because of all the TRRL stuff on it), so why someone would want to part with the thick end of £15k for it beats me.
Looks like another hugely optimistic dealer trying to sell a rotary that he doesn't really know much about and expecting someone to pay the world for it?
D Bracey DB6

Post by D Bracey DB6 »

£15k? Ad says £12k
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

I had the opportunity to work on that bike a few years ago when the then-owner wanted to engine running to enhance a sale. Underneath all that TRL gubbins is a brand new, zero mileage, Interpol 2 straight from Norton's production line.
The 'gubbins' included TRL-inspired leg protector boxes, a dummy airbag in the top of the tank, and a prototype Girling mechanical brake system that never worked, all hidden inside a hand-made alloy fairing.
It didn't take much to get the engine running but, for obvious reasons, I didn't ride it.
In my opinion, it's a museum bike - but not at that price.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

The engine would be well handy,but not at that price exclaim,J.B.
BlackIP2

Post by BlackIP2 »

It was just under £15k when it first went up! Obviously someone had second thoughts but even at 'only' £12k it's still far too high. Be interesting to see how long it stays on there.