Pipework

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
Rotating588

Pipework

Post by Rotating588 »

Hi all, I hope one of you can help with some small items from my IP2.

When looking at the right hand side of the bike, in the carburetor tube right of the carburetor, the inlet pipe, are two metal pipes which look like they should have flexi tubes attached - one of which points to the left, but are missing on my IP2. These flexi tubes do not appear on Norton's Parts Catalogue nor at Andover Norton. Can anyone help, what sort of tubes are these and what are they tubes connected to?

There is another pipe coming from the engine end plate RH side but is missing a pipe. I assume this is a breather, again what type of tube is missing and to what does it attach.

With luck I might be able to start the motor soon when I find these pipes!

Best wishes and stay safe.
johnbirchjar

Re: Pipework

Post by johnbirchjar »

Methinks they could be the copper engine oil pipes that feed oil to the engine via plastic tubes from the oil tank,(a picture would be helpful for both questions smiley)SVF,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

PS, the other pipe sounds like the vac pipe for the fuel tap,(only hazarding a guess wink)J.B.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

The two short pipes on the r/h induction tube are remnants of an oil scavenge system that became redundant. The factory mod was to connect the two together with a short piece of plastic tubing.

The other pipe on the back of the r/h engine plate was also part of the redundant scavenge system. It should be blanked off.

R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Oh well,I did say it was a bit of a guess,ride safe,J.B.