ROC Gathering in Devon

johnbirchjar

ROC Gathering in Devon

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,a fellow biker buddy (and Rotory owner) has suggested a ROC weekend down in the wilds of Devon cool ,(next year)I await your response(I sincerely hope for more enthusiasm than that which was shown for Popham earlier this year evil)J.B.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Re: ROC Gathering in Devon

Post by Anthony Duffield »

John,

I would like to attend but Devon is such a long way from Aberdeen for a one off event, I am going to be down south 12th May on my way to Portugal, so I could swing by?

Tony
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Tony,would that be on the way to the NOC rally in Portugal?if so, perhaps we could work something out,('cos I doubt you would be on your own wink)I intend to be going,(but doubt very much that it will be on a rotory cry,)will have to see what sort of response we get from the rest of the club.J.B.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Post by Anthony Duffield »

John,

I plan to attend the rally and ride all the way from Cherbourg, I'm happy to meet others on the way but have no plans for a group ride

Tony
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I am not to keen on group rides myself,(I try to set a max of four,)but I have covered thousands of miles riding solo and didn't find it a problem(I expect being an ex HGV driver helps smiley)J.B.
tim harrison

Post by tim harrison »

Hi JB
It is now some years since the last ROC gathering in Essex. I don't equate this your suggestion with Popham which is a one day show without a Rotary focus. If we wish to regenerate interest in the Club a weekend rally would be a good staring point. Whilst fully understanding Tony's reluctance to ride from Aberdeen to Devon I do not think that attempting to tie it in with the journey to Portugal is ideal.
I am more than happy to assist with organising an event. Will need a venue with B&B accomodation nearby or a hotel. Camping would also be a possibility.
Given that many of the rotaries in regular use are Norton's we would do well to avoid clashes with NOC events. I am not sure how many members look at the forum so once some tentative plans are made we should ask David to email all members and put a proposal in Epitrochoid in order to test interest. June seems the clearest month.
Reagards
Tim
tim harrison

Post by tim harrison »

Hi JB
It is now some years since the last ROC gathering in Essex. I don't equate this your suggestion with Popham which is a one day show without a Rotary focus. If we wish to regenerate interest in the Club a weekend rally would be a good staring point. Whilst fully understanding Tony's reluctance to ride from Aberdeen to Devon I do not think that attempting to tie it in with the journey to Portugal is ideal.
I am more than happy to assist with organising an event. Will need a venue with B&B accomodation nearby or a hotel. Camping would also be a possibility.
Given that many of the rotaries in regular use are Norton's we would do well to avoid clashes with NOC events. I am not sure how many members look at the forum so once some tentative plans are made we should ask David to email all members and put a proposal in Epitrochoid in order to test interest. June seems the clearest month.
Reagards
Tim
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Tim,George "M " (of "Trixie" fame,the event suggester)has already mentioned a "camping ground"with local pubs & B&B's
so I imagine it's in the vicinity of Ian & Vanessa Lorams abode in "Nomans Land",and I agree that Popham is not a fair comparison,so lets see what sort of response we get from this forum.
On a differant note.In the latest issue of "Roadholder" you mentioned the "V8 Air Cooled Tatra"being a rare sight in the UK,well,a member of the Essex branch of the NOC has one exclaim,It's a bit of a beast wink,and would you believe a car heater that uses PETROL for it's fuel evil,well dicey.
Pleased to hear you were not too badly injured as a result of your "off" in "Cheqland." J.B.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

Hi Campbell up in Aberdeen I could be interested in a Rotary W/E, I am poss. going to Portugal on the Rotary so obviously it would have to be after that also a deciding factor would a be how things went at the Inter. On learning the poss. date I would be able to give a more definite answer. All the best Campbell
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Campbell,Tim sugested June(I assume it being free of NOC major events)sounds good to me,I await further response from other Rotory riders smiley,ride safe,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Further news on the ROC gathering event in Devon.
Talking to George "M" today and it looks like the last weekend in August is looking promising cool,J.B.