?

Rotating588

?

Post by Rotating588 »

Hello anyone out there?
draxdave

Re: ?

Post by draxdave »

Hi from Sunny Drax, My IP11 is at the moment in the tender care of PR at AN. The engine started making horrible noises; and some of the blame must lie with me - again !! I'm sure that Paul & Team will return her to fine running order !! Will Keep you posted and I will write a piece for the Epi T. I am having to make do with an imaculate R1100GS, it really is a beauty
R1100GS.jpg
cheers dp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Dave,
I ride most Wednesdays for a "Lunch Ride out" with a local biker club from Maldon in Essex,and a popular bike with these guys is the BMW 1200 flat twin cool ,unfortunately, to tall and heavy for this old biker cry,ride safe,J.B.
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

Dave, My Commander is at AN as well. You might have seen it there. The grey one with a big gap where the engine should be. Luckily the engine is fine. Needs a bit of tlc.
Looking forward to getting it back.
draxdave

Post by draxdave »

Hi Guys, yes JB, the Big Beemers are tall & heavy, but still well worth it for me. They handle so well and have plenty of grunt !!

Hi GP, my interpol also can't be far off now, dying to get some miles in soon. She too has plenty of pull, and also handles very well. We loved our Commander, plenty of European miles on her back in the day. TRL Commander, where are you now ??
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Ah yes,our beloved Rotories cool,totaly different riding experience,can't be compared with your Beemer of course,80's technology(even the turbine smoothness & power Very Happy ) but for the time they were unequaled.(in my unbiased opinion wink)
That was one of the big differences I noticed when I first rode the Deauville(similar cc,588C V 650D) but 78bhp agin'54,no contest,but a big upside for the Deauville was mpg,55 ridden hard,65/70 normal long distance touring, where the Classic averaged 45 irrespective of throttle usage,and tyre wear exclaim,the Classic averaged between four& five thousand miles for the rear tyre cry,twix ten and eleven for the Deauville Very Happy,
The guys that ride the Beemers report good fuel consumption,(unless realy thrashed)of 60mpg not being unusual.
But I stilled loved my Classic Very Happy.J.B.