Ignition Switch

Rotating588

Ignition Switch

Post by Rotating588 »

Can anyone help?

I am struggling with the wiring on the IP2 Demonstrator. The bike came with 3 ignition switches but none with cables attached. One which I think is original the other two is anyone's guess but one of them is more like a car switch with the starting position. I will be buying a new correct switch from Andover but I don't know which switch position is which. How can I tell which cable goes to which connector just by looking at the switch, I do have a Fluke meter. I asked Andover but they said they could not help try the ROC.

I am working from Section H20, Fig H19 Main Wiring Harness in Norton's IP2 workshop manual which shows a Brown-Green, Brown-Blue, White and Blue-Yellow cables attached. This diagram is not numbered so that does not help.

Many thanks Roger
spondonash

Re: Ignition Switch

Post by spondonash »

Hi Roger, I cant help with wiring but I have new original ignition switches if that helps.
Ash
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi measure your switch and check continuity between the switched position terminals. Remember brown / blue is your 12v primary supply this when switched feeds the white which is your 12v secondary, brown green are your parking lights so obviously park position on key and blue / yellow are your main light feed.

Remember the primary brown / blue is the switched feed and when off is isolated key removed.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Rotating588

Post by Rotating588 »

Thanks Avatar, great help. Roger