Bikinis

Rotating588

Bikinis

Post by Rotating588 »

I write asking Mark Lepkowski questions about his article in Epitrochoid December 2019 regarding his adoption of a Yamaha bikini fairing to his IP2. Mark did the fairing fit onto the outrigger sub frame which is bolted to the IP2 frame and supported parts of the original headlamp and fairing parts?
BlackIP2

Re: Bikinis

Post by BlackIP2 »

No it didn't. The original fairing and fittings had already been removed from my IP2 by the time I bought it, so I don't even know what that outrigger sub-frame looks like.
When working out how to fit my Yamaha fairing I wanted to use the original mounts wherever possible, so I modified the bolt-on headlamp brackets that were already fitted to my bike,
Inside fairing.jpg
The red and yellow arrows show the Yamaha mounting holes. The red ones needed a new bracket, the yellow ones were screwed into the clock console. The blue arrows are new holes I had to drill in the side of the headlamp casing which is built into the Yamaha fairing.
Fairing brackets.jpg
These are the headlamp brackets, and this is how it all looks when fitted:
Fitted.jpg
I wanted my fairing to fit as close to the handlebars as possible and move with them. If you use the IP2 sub-frame, I think any fairing you fit will be fixed and stick out quite a long way?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rotating588

Post by Rotating588 »

Thanks Mark, a great help. Yes I will remove the outrigger sub-frame as well.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

When I fitted the 900 Triple Sprint fairing to my Classic,I made a sub-frame to attach it to,(pic's on Techinterest and new ideas Jan 19th )I still have the fairing and sub-frame if you are interested,J.B.
Rotating588

Post by Rotating588 »

Sorry John, just today I bought a universal from Amazon, what could possibly go wrong!

Roger
Rotating588

Post by Rotating588 »

Sorry John, just today I bought a universal from Amazon, what could possibly go wrong!

Roger
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

We await your progress with interest smileyJ.B.
Rotating588

Post by Rotating588 »

Hi JB, still working, when I get time, on the electrics. I am not smiley at the moment as I connected my MX5 battery to the IP2 THE WRONG WAY ROUND. a very quick way to spend money!

Must look what I am doing in future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have an air box?

Roger