classic TT, 2017

fogrider

classic TT, 2017

Post by fogrider »

As a 70th birthday treat, my son has booked us in at the August event. I will probably take the F1 Sport. Problem is, the hotel, in Douglas, has only on-street parking. I haven't been to the island for 20 years, how risky is it leaving a special bike on the street these days ? I would take a cover and a security chain of course.
Anyone else going ?
Regards, Terry
mike_500

Re: classic TT, 2017

Post by mike_500 »

i live part of the time in the isle of man your bike should be safe,the biggest thing is you can expect is to find a crowd round it looking at it and taking pics,the other good thing is crime is very low in the isle of man,even the parking wardens are friendly towards bikes regards mike
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Thanks Mike, that's encouraging, riding around the island on the Norton , can't wait !

Regards, Terry.
mike_500

Post by mike_500 »

you are welcome terry I'm in the isle of man for the TT and the southern 100 but not sure if I'm there when the classic is on,i will let you know nearer the time if I'm there and always a brew at my house in castletown
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

That's excellent Mike, I believe a lot of the classic events happen in Castletown, roll on August !
Regards, Terry
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Norton gathering classic T.T. tuesday of race week at the Shore Hotel, Laxey. 3 p.m. start.

Derek Fox.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi

I have been going to the mgp and the classic tt without any problems, however at the tt bikes have been stolen in the last couple of years. I would recommend locking the bike on the steering lock and chain or somthing similar for the classic tt.

I also belive the days of leaving your helmet ect on the bike are over. This is the problem of the coverage on the tt also brings the wrong sort as well.

I did get scamed one year at the mgp by some one proporting to selling a posters for the joe dunlop foundation. It was the armoy armarder poster only to notice later it was free issue with a Irish newspaper.

Over the last two years i have put a roc stand on at jurby at the classic. This year it will depend on how mutch the ferry costs for the van.

Regards wayne
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Hi Wayne van costs, yes, a problem. We really needed a van so the bikes could be put away at night, a weeks hire plus the ferry cost was a cost too far. We settled on a day hire to Liverpool and same to come back and will cope with luggage onto the ferry ! An F1 Sport isn't exactly luggage friendly !
Hope you get there, we'll certainly go to Jurby and the Laxey meet.
Regards, Terry.