A F1 for sale on ebay...

litoskin

A F1 for sale on ebay...

Post by litoskin »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Norton-F1-Jps ... wPhWlR-oHI Recently a Norton F1 appear on ebay...unfortunately the photos are only two and bad quality, anyway the asking price seems too high ? 27K£ for me is too much or this is the actual price for an F1 these days ? Another question the seller said the bike is almost new but has not turned on since 16 years and need a full re-commissioning .Does a rotary stopped for so much time need a complete check of the engine or just change oils ,spark plugs, clean filters new battery ?ThanksMarco
Wayne

Re: A F1 for sale on ebay...

Post by Wayne »

hithe seller dose not mention mollying, all f1s will need this, my own f1 lasted till 4000 miles. was it stored correctly carbs drained oil pump cable pulled to coat the eccentric shaft with oil, plugs out oil down chambers. Another big one battery disconnected.I would recommend buying a used one that's been ridden regularly if you intend to ride it. where the figures come from is anyone's guess, It dose look like they are making 18-20k now.One of the problem of selling a rotary is the general misconceptions non rotary motorcycle enthusiasts have about them this limits the number of potential buyers.Regards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

27grand for a bike that is (after 16 years)possibly a none runner?('cos no way are you going to just stick a battery on it and try and fire it up)I don't think so evil.J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I know of an F1 that is still with the original owner has over 10K miles running beautifully on synthetic 2 stoke oil and never moly'd so I guess it's luck of the draw really.My F1 was moly'd with less than 2k miles on the clock.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
TRIDENT

Post by TRIDENT »

I have spoken with the seller of F1 battery still connected for alarm,not been prepared for laying up so not oiled or rotated monthly,it has not been molyed. Very Happy