Norton's are Racing again?

rogerdodger

Norton's are Racing again?

Post by rogerdodger »

well Norton are going racing again in 18 months time AMAZINGwith an engine they don't have, hasn't been developed, AMAZINGOh well watch this spaceand no Rotary by the looks of it?
Interpol2471

Re: Norton's are Racing again?

Post by Interpol2471 »

I think the rotary side has been quiet for a while now and I guess being slowly forgotten red face What engine do you think they will race with now?
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

They are going for the fastest lap of an air cooled pushrod twin! Same as the world speed record record for rotary motorcycles in a class that doesn't exist.
Peterpinkbike

Post by Peterpinkbike »

It's easy to be critical about someone whose got a dream.Mr Garner has a lot of support for this - just look at MCN forum for proof.The firm that makes his 961 engine has lots of experience race car engines so four cylinders from one of those and frame from Spondon. After all, its not rockit science.With a name like Norton, he can't fail to atract sponsors.ppb
jpsrob

Post by jpsrob »

I heard that they have booked 2 places on the 2012 Moto GP Grid
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

we are talking Moto GP in 18 months from scratch, and how many will he sack in the process best brains behind the Rotary in Brian Crighton (except for Richard of course) GONE, in comes Peter Williams (genius) GONE. Don't get me wrong I really really want Norton to succeed, however like the new 961, the testers of this bike are pussy footing with it and is an insult to, for example MCN readers. Get the bike out and give it a good thrashing see what it's made of, too much pussy footing around for my way of thinking. If I was ever going to buy one I would want to know exactly how it performs.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Look out for a V4 Norton, remember you heard it here first wink
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Interpol2471 wrote: remember you heard it here first wink
All that noise, smoke, and mirrors must be disappointing for your neighbours - I can't hear or see it here in Reality Land smiley
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

That's ok Richard my neighbours are dafter than I am wink but mark my words this came from a leak from Norton's engine manufacturer.
headturtle

Post by headturtle »

i see im not the only one using a a strange user name "peterpinkbike" did you used to own a pink ducati or is it in the hands of the other one in the office ????????
lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave and slip in safely in a well preserved body but to skid in sideways totally worn screaming "holy shit what a ride!"
gripper

Post by gripper »

I see a 961 SE has broken the record for a 1000cc pushrod bike at Bonneville at 129mph record previously held by a Buell. smiley
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Peterpinkbike wrote:It's easy to be critical about someone whose got a dream.Mr Garner has a lot of support for this - just look at MCN forum for proof.The firm that makes his 961 engine has lots of experience race car engines so four cylinders from one of those and frame from Spondon. After all, its not rockit science.With a name like Norton, he can't fail to atract sponsors.ppb
This statement should have been posted on the 1st of April "With a name like Norton,he cant fail to attract sponsors" cry Shenstone wanted money no one would give the rest is history.Somthing will happen for sure but all this about talk about 961 pushrod twin means nothing to me Its somthing about a Rotary and Norton that I find more interesting also thrashing the nuts off too.Ride safe Andy smiley
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!