Wanted - for Commander - Plug Spanner, Inner Panniers

Woodruff

Wanted - for Commander - Plug Spanner, Inner Panniers

Post by Woodruff »

Dear All,I'm slowly getting to the point of MOT'ing the Commander.Can anyone help with the following please?Spark Plug Spanner - The original is missing from the toolkit and no others that I have fit into the tight space. A good secondhand spanner would be great if you have one for sale please.Inner Panniers for the Commander with Integral Panniers - Does anyone have a recommendation as to which Inner Panniers would fit the Commander? I haven't tried any but I'm sure there's a wealth of experience in the Rotary world. (Carrier bags don't really do it for me)Many thanks.RegardsKeith
MrB

Re: Wanted - for Commander - Plug Spanner, Inner Panniers

Post by MrB »

Hi Keith,For a plug spanner I use a Britool 9RBM1617 double ended ring spanner which just fits between the rad and the plug. Touching the outside of the ring on a grindstone helps it fit well into the plug recess and get a good grip. I also use Copperease on the threads to keep the plug threads free and allow them to be wound out and in by hand.Johnny
andygbsmith

Post by andygbsmith »

Hi Keith.I use a ring spanner as well and it works fine.as for inner bags, we bought some bags from Argos that work OK.Andy
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Thank you to everyone for the replies.I'm sorted now.RegardsKeith