Ebay F1 Sport

Sidecar47

Ebay F1 Sport

Post by Sidecar47 »

There is a good looking F1 Sport just listed on Ebay - item no. 140400651083Chris
peter

Re: Ebay F1 Sport

Post by peter »

Sidecar47 wrote:There is a good looking F1 Sport just listed on Ebay - item no. 140400651083Chris
I am new to this site, but have owned 2 interpols in the past.i have been looking to buy another rotary and so the f1 for sale on e bay.Does anyone know this bike or know if it is what the vendor says it is, i would have to hold my hand up and say i dont know, having only had interpols previously.Is the seat unit standard, it seems different to other f1s ive seen, but again i have know experience of that particular model. reagrds peter.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

hello Peter, It all looks totally standard to me & the important thing is that it has been molyed. The F.1. sport was the budget job & I think sold new from the factory for £8,500 as against the 10 to 15,000 the F.1`s sold for. They do now tend to be more desirable because the open fairing keeps the bike cooler & there a bit rarer. Having owned an F.1. for four years in the past I personally dont like them but others think there the bees knees. Beautifull to look at, not much fun to ride. Derek.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi I own both an f1 and a sport, I don’t find a great deal of difference between them, they are both best ridden hard and like to be revved. The tyres need junking or you may kill your self at worst or drop it at best, allow for a suspension over haul on rear and fork seals for front, gear oil and primary oil change and if your lucky that should be it . Improvements are available and most can be reversed if required.Is the bike right for you, only you will know after you have ridden one, I bought my F1 in 92 and still own it, make no mistake at times its driven me to distraction with a couple of silly minor faults , was just finding them that caused the problem. I regularly scrape my boots on the road they handle brilliantly if set up correctly. Also note f1 sport s were not built with cheaper parts than an F1, it the biggest miss conception. I dissagree with the previos coment they are brillant fun to ride except in town.Regards Wayne
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Hi PeterIve not seen the bike on ebay but whatever the asking price is can you afford to take the risk and purchase somthing without seeing and hearing it first.I would purchase from a add in MCN or from some person like in the club.These Bikes can cost a lot to repair always take some with you who has knowledge and you trust when you want to purchaseafeTill Then Ride SafeAndy smiley
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!