Starter solenoid

george1045

Starter solenoid

Post by george1045 »

Who stocks or what is equivelent starter solenoid for IP 2
Interpol2471

Re: Starter solenoid

Post by Interpol2471 »

I have one if you cant get one from Graham or ANIL. But I must admit it is my last one so rather keep hold of it. Looking at it though it looks like any remote solenoid like off a mini etc I am sure Richard will tell us when he come along Very Happy Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Boinggg! Here I am again !I haven't got part numbers in front of me, but the 'Lucas Replica' type you need have two 1/4" blade terminals on apposite sides of the black plastic body. There is a similar Lucas item that has only one blade and is unsuitable.For more durability, may I suggest a sealed Hitachi solenoid as fitted to Yamaha and many other Japaneses bikes? Connections are very similar, with two wires instaed of blade terminals, and you can butcher the Lucas item to make a mounting bracket for it. Or, as I've done in the attached photo, make a new bracket.R.
55_0470.JPG
Whoopee! Managed to attach a photo !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
george1045

Post by george1045 »

Thanks both. Have found one for the extorbinate price of £9 including postage !!!!!!
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

I'm reminded that Lucas was the first company to make electricity visible ; it looks like smoke.
george1045

Post by george1045 »

Further to my lot if anyone wants a starter solenod the one I got from www.scparts.co.uk is a classic mini lucas SRB335. Ordered yesterday arrived and fitted this morning !!!! Cost of £7 plus £2 postage. Cant be bad.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi George,When you fitted that SRB335 relay, I presume it worked and you didn't have to do any wiring alterations ?Reason for asking is that I've fitted a new eBay-sourced SRB335 relay. It looks the same as the original Lucas, but the two 1/4" blades don't function in the same way. One blade, and the body grounded, operates the relay and the other blade is for bypassing the ballast resister. I can't see a way of wiring it into an IP2 loom.Are there different types of Chinese "SRB335" out there ?
george1045

Post by george1045 »

Richard, as you know my IP2 is not as was. Possinly lots of wiring changes but the relay just replaced the one that was there with no problems. Bike run well since.Sorry cant help further as not the most technical mind around !!!George
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi allJust got recived my lucas solenoid from Andover, presume they must have some in stock and a very good price
BANJOMAN

Post by BANJOMAN »

got a Lucas type from Andover but it is for a + earth machine. Just mounted it on a piece of plywood and it works fine.Wasn't too dear!.. wink
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

andover are supplying the correct type with no conection to earth, i recived mine 2 weeks ago. fitted with no mods