RE5 WANTED!

ziggystardust

RE5 WANTED!

Post by ziggystardust »

I am looking for a RE5 :roll: , I don't ask much only that it's in top condition :D , runs well :) and not too much money :wink: . Thanks.Sorted, thanks.
Last edited by ziggystardust on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanonkopdrinker

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Have a look at Sam Costanzo's site www.rotaryrecycle.netHe has a page of RE5s offered for sale... the drawback is they are all in the USA, but they are very much cheaper than RE5s seem to be in the UK and even with shipping, with the strength of the US$ (or lack of it) you can pick up quite a bargain.You just have the trust the purchaser and their description.
ziggystardust

Post by ziggystardust »

Thanks for that kanonkopdrinker but nothing there to temp me at the moment, a lot of hassle and hidden problems importing a bike I believe, unless someone knows better?No I think I would pay a little more and view before I buy, just a matter of time and one will come along.
martinre5

re5 wanted

Post by martinre5 »

:) hi zigggy sometime ago (were talking ayear or two here )their was a bike shop just of theA40 on the approach to the big smoke which had a re5m for sale not a particualy good example although the dealer descibed it as nearly mint! was asking around £5,000 for it (stop laughing). now just recently the same machine was on offer from the same dealer at £3,500 and apparently was still mint, if you stood as far back as brum on a dark night.think it must have been on ebay or something.Ive paid between £900.00 and £4,000 for re5s the best buy being a British import for £1,100 from a back st dealer in barnsley it just need a starter clutch (aknown problem on re5s )so keep looking and buy and sell tell you find one you want to keep. as for importing bikes there still plenty of little dealers out ther that will do it for you but of course unless you pop out to the states and look first you put your trust in there judgement .good luck and happy hunting Martin.
ziggystardust

Post by ziggystardust »

Thanks Martin for the advice :wink: , I have seen a black rough one recently on ebay but it never sold, think that was in the Birmingham area, then there was a good one but I was outbid.There are a couple of imports at Motorcycles Unlimited both priced at £3.5K but I think that is too much. I have spoken to another guy who says he has a good one for £2.5K but he does not give me confidence in viewing it as it has stood for seven years and he wants me to bring a battery to start it :shock: . Not helpful at all. :( I'll keep looking, so do you have more than one Martin? have you a website or any pics posted anywhere? I would be interested to see yours :) . Ziggy.
martinre5

Post by martinre5 »

:D hi ziggy, £2,500 for one that has been stood might not be so bad remember these bikes are over 30yrs old so they are bound to have been left standing at some time ,depends of course how they have been stored and what sort of general condition its in . These are not difficult bikes to work on just have diffrent engines to the norm all the bits are available from rotary recycle (not over expensive in my opinion )and easy to deal with . but if the guy wants to sell then let him fork out the £50 for a battarie and rember with these bikes the ignition should whistle when you turn the ign.switch on or the black box is no good and mega bucks to replace. At present i have 5 re5s in diffrent stages of disrepair from boxs of bits to gen. as delivered to show room condition ,i have recently invested in a digital camera so as soon as i have sussed it out i will post some pictures on the gallery. cheers martin .