Interpol II for sale

bobannp588

Interpol II for sale

Post by bobannp588 »

Ex RAF bike 1983 registered 1989, very good condition, engine recently remollied, new bearings and seals, Battleaxe tyres with low mileage, front wheel bearings replaced recently, brakes overhauled, SU's setup and running well, amazing acceleration, loads of power, ready to ride away, new MOT,
will send loads of pics just contact:- bobannp21@gmail.com, asking £6450, bike now a bit unstable when pushing around for a vertically challenged old bloke. also loads of spares.
trevair

Re: Interpol II for sale

Post by trevair »

hi buddy
j have commander, just interested in your advert can you tell me why your bike was remolleyed i as question on siteabout how good the molly is can i as why remolly i thought this was good for thousands of miles
regards trev
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Post by Anthony Duffield »

Trev,

Like all things molly coating does not last forever, that said my Commander engine was remollied in 2016 and since then I have completed 25k miles so far so good.

If your engine is running OK it will idle and restart when hot, will accelerate strongly then I would leave it alone and just keep a good eye on how its performing.

Tony
trevair

Post by trevair »

i was under the impression it was strongest thing in world and i read an engine was good for 250k if mollied
which does seem a lot
trev
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Trev,
only on water cooled rotories can one expect high mileage of 100,000+ after mollying.
If memory serves,my own Classic sorely needed re-mollying after about 50,000 and should have been done about 10,000 miles earlier (according to Malk Stanly Esq who was the chief mechanic for the Derby Police rotories)but I expect other air-cooled owners will chime in with their own experience,J.B.
trevair

Post by trevair »

cheers john