No Spark....

Blair-re5

No Spark....

Post by Blair-re5 »

Hi everyone,tried to get bike going today ....no spark ..looks like my sparkright unit has given up.Any ideas on where to get another or better replacement.Cheers and merry Christmas Blair.
johnbirchjar

Re: No Spark....

Post by johnbirchjar »

Minimag are very good,(I have had one on the Classic for tens of thousands of miles Very Happy,)If you can't find them on the Web I have all the relative info:in my records,merry Christmas,ride safe,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Silly question but I suppose you have checked the Ignition Pickup switch red face ?J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Oops,sorry,I mean Ignition Trigger Switch red face,J.B.
Blair-re5

Post by Blair-re5 »

Thanks JB ,Tested ignition trigger,Ecu,coils as per manual everything tests ok but still no spark cry .I see Andover Norton also do a replacement kit with all the bits (trigger,ecu,coils & leads) has anyone used their units? Its about twice the price as the minimag unit.(They list it for a commander will it work ok on my ip2?)Anyone have any recommendations? or good second hand one?Cheers Blair.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

If you send yours to Minimag they will test it for you,they tested mine for me way back in 2012(speedo reading 50,076) for the princely sum of £20-00, wink (it has done over 17,000 trouble free miles since then,) looking back through my records for the original fitting of the Minimag,it looks like I purchased it from Startright way back in 2005,(speedo reading,14,000 miles exclaim,)so at present its done over 50,000 miles and counting Very Happy,Hope this info will be of some use to you,ride safely in 2017,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I have a brand new in the bag IP2 SparkRight unit for sale?

Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Blair-re5

Post by Blair-re5 »

Hi thanks guys. I decided to take the cdi unit to a friend of a friend(who is an electronic guru)we took it apart and found a broken soldier joint.resoldiered now working fine Very Happy. He said he can make me up a new and approved box when he get time. smiley. Cheers Blair