air coold engine wanted

Wayne

air coold engine wanted

Post by Wayne »

hi alli am still after a air cooled engine if anyone has one laying around for my 88 rc588, i would consider a compleat bike, also i will purchase any 88 race parts good nick or damagedRegards Wayne
rjg30091982

Re: air coold engine wanted

Post by rjg30091982 »

Wayne, if you can find me a reasonably priced IP2 or Commander (P52 preferably) i would be tempted to sell my IP2, it has a Stock exchange engine not matching numbers to the frame SX100 or something like that. So i would prefer a matching numbers bike like my other 3!but i would only split it if i could get a IP2, P52 or even better a F1 or Sport!cheersRuss
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

hI RussCurrently i am in two or three minds,1 buy a running interpol and commander for the engines2 buy engines if available3 buy the engine internals for the Rcw engine (I have the casings except some of the big box parts)4 build the air coold engine from parts (i have the small box race gearbox casing)I would only px one of my f1 sports for a race bike, proberly the black one (the missuis likes the blue one and i am under instructions i must keep it), the f1 i will keep, i have had it longer than her.Regards Wayne
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

two or three minds? sounds like me!bear me in mind, if you find any advertised let me know and maybe i will get rid of my IP2, i was going to split it for a F1 race replica but the cost of doing it and the hassle involved would be the same as finding an F1 and i'd be left with a replica at the end of it!!!You sure you dont want to sell the Black F1 to me???? a big pile of money to help your project!!having said that i was offered what i think is an ex works Norton the other day but sadly i didnt ask for more details about the bike as £40,000 was slightly out of my budget!!!Russ
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi russthe bike currently for sale is a replica its tony hawards, i was told there was a works jps bike for sale in classic racer and droped every thing to buy a copy, its tonys bike, its still for sale.a point worth a note, stuart at spondon can only make triple beam frames as the duckhams bike and rotons were made, no rc or rcw double beam frames can be made and stuart asked me to pass this on to any one who askes. I asked about cuting the top tube of as was done for richard on the supream commanders and was told this could not be done (i suspect this is because the swinging arms a straight and not bent as the frames are)the easiest race rep (tribute bike in reality) to build would be from a f1 sport using the existing engine frame ect mabe geoffs exhaust similar to richards nrs588, currently the moulds are no more for any of the race farings, however i have had several people interested in making moulds.for a true race bike the comleat front with wheels, brakes, throttle, bars and rececounter will cost between £2700(if your very lucky and £3500+ depending on condition. The rg500 magnesium throtel S/h go for £200 on ebay alone. you need deep pockets and the ability to spend 3hrs per night on the pc 7 days a week and paciance in abundance. Most of the stuff is now spread all over the place, my works forks and yokes were re liberated from a racing guzzi, the handel bars in a box of any thing in a loftTo my knoledge all the race frames are acounted for even the rotons, however the swinging arm position was move one frame on from my rc frame, its not clear if this became the rcw frame or some more rc frames? i intend to try to clarify this point at some point in the futureRegards WaynePs when the other half agreed to threesomes i dind not realise she only ment, 3 rotary nortons, 3 triumphs,ect
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

Well if you change your mind wayne and need some cash for the RC/588 project i'll take one of your F1's Sports NRS etc!cheersRuss