Mystery Rotary Supplier

Mick Taylor

Mystery Rotary Supplier

Post by Mick Taylor »

My DKW W2000 is a UK market bike, I bought it from an elderly chap who had owned it since 1975.The original handbook is liberally stamped with the suppliers details, POWER ENGINE DEVELOPMENTS of No 1a Chesterman Street, Reading.I have never heard of them, nor can I find any reference; do any of the members of this forum who have been around rotaries for many years recall this company and or the connection they had with DKW?Mick........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick Taylor

Re: Mystery Rotary Supplier

Post by Mick Taylor »

Oops.....Power Engine MODIFICATIONS Ltd to be slightly more accurate.The handwritten note aparrently relates to the bike being a DKW display piece at 'The motorcycle show' I have no idea which one if any and have never been able to prove or disprove that either.Mick.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Well I lived just around the corner for years and knew about a small garage there, in fact I was close today and will ask a local motorcycle retailer who has been in Reading since the 50's so he will know if anyone does.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Thank you for that Interpol, it is very much appreciated. I have always been interested in the antecedents of any old bike I own and the fact that this company seem to have submerged without trace made it that much more intriguing. I hope the local motorcycle shop will know something, if they have been there that long, I would be quite surprised if they dont.regards.........Mick.