Silk Motorcycles

jpsrob

Silk Motorcycles

Post by jpsrob »

There seems to be an outbreak of Silk Motorcycles being owned by Rotary Club members.I have a 700ss rebuilt by Norton Motors. A piece of history I think as it was the last bike through there workshop.Will all Silk owners make their self's known as we can then exchange knowledge on the much maligned machines cool cry cool
Interpol2471

Re: Silk Motorcycles

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Rob as you know I have one against your better judgement wink Dave C. and Andy588 also have one as far as I know but I am sure they will be along soon.I have a few spares but not much really and still search for the rocking horse P## seat clip cry
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Mine in bits as usual..Image
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I have a 1934 Scott 500 housed in a wideline featherbed frame.Does this qualify me to join the "Bunch of Fools"?Derek.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Dell as Mr.T would say "you crazy fool" wink errrr no hang on I like the Scott engine Very Happy
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

for anyone interested I have made a very nice mod for the seat clip replacing the old plastic caravan clip for a metal type from an oven door. When finished I shall post pictures.
jpsrob

Post by jpsrob »

i shall be interested in seeing that, Silk owners must stick together due to the limited almost non existant spares situation.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Rob I have the details of another Silk 700 owner for the records. cool
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Posted for Dave, please join if interested wink as I try to gain information on my new acquisition, a silk 700s, I am getting so much help from you all! and therefore decided to set up a web site for us to share information, tips and pictures of our beloved machines.I believe the site chosen is simple to use, not being very clever on things computer, my friend has set it up for us.please let me know what you think, and please join if you feel that's a help to us all.site addresshttp://silk-riders-forum.webs.com/ many thanksDavid pollard
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

Hi Paul have tried the link several times but it keeps telling me site not found. I haven't bought a silk but i am doing a ground up restoration on one for a friend and trying to iron out some of the faults he has suffered over the years he has owned it from new and when i tried to buy it he say's he would not inflict it on me so like yourself if there is any advice or info going i am most certainly interested. I have spoken to a gasket company to have some head and base gaskets made as apparently they no longer exist, depending on price etc i may get a small batch made.D G
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Dave gaskets are already available from Clive Worrall an old factory employee and recently he has put them on ebay for sale also.The link changed yesterday apparently to bring it into line with the Scott owners Club the new link is http://silk-riders-forum.webs.com/What issues did he have and is it a MK1 or MK2 Sabre?
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

errmm update on site to follow red face
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

The Silk website and forum is being delt with / discussed by the Scott Owners Club, updates to follow but here is an interesting website anyway http://www.wix.com/gasmankev/silk-700#!Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Please at present use http://www.silk-scott.org/ site for all Silk issues.Regards Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Sorry I am only the messanger the NEW Silk forum is now at http://www.wix.com/gasmankev/silk-700
jpsrob

Post by jpsrob »

Now confused, is every man and his dog now jumping on the Silk Bandwagon. Which is th site to use. DC emailed me a link to one aweek or so ago,promptly registered, site promptly dissappeared.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi yes there was a bit of an issue with the Scott Club but the link is now as above or to the forum direct.http://www.wix.com/gasmankev/silk-700#!services01Sorry but I am just the messenger red face
Dave Parker

Post by Dave Parker »

I’ve got a 700s
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Have you registered on silk-motorcycles.org?