Norton Aurora/ pre Classic in Museum?

Rotor 1

Norton Aurora/ pre Classic in Museum?

Post by Rotor 1 »

Does anyone know in which motorcycle museum this motorcycle is located? Possibly with country and city.
Joe Seifert was the last owner according to my information and sold it many years ago?

Love to hear from everyone.
Rotor 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D Bracey DB6

Re: Norton Aurora/ pre Classic in Museum?

Post by D Bracey DB6 »

No idea but I’ve got an Aurora fuel tank.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Looks very much like the museum that I and Joe Walker (and a couple of other guys visited)some three years ago?on a Wankel Triffen rally,somewhere in Germany(I think smiley)J.B.
Assen

Post by Assen »

If i'm not mistaken, the bike is in the hands of a privat German collector.

Jannes
holger999

Post by holger999 »

hello,

unfortunately I cannot name the location.
but write to Joe Seifert, address on his homepage. Surely he'll know who he sold to.

It was exactly this Norton that I sat on the Isle of Man before I ordered my Norton Classic N ° 12.

regards
Holger
wust588

Post by wust588 »

Yes, definitely in a museum in Germany. Might be the same museum that the green F1 engined Commander went to.

I was lucky enough to ride that bike (I wonder where the "Aurora" name came from?) a few times, which inspired me to beg/buy mine.
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

About twenty years ago I sold the "Cooke Neilsen" to a German collector who, at the time, was the only person who understood what it was. The NMM, to which I had offered it together with the 1973 Oil in Frame prototype, had declined it. Well. not exactly declined but they offered for the two bikes about the then going rate for one very secondhand Commando.....
I last saw the bike during our annual "Old Boys Tour" in the Timmelsjoch Motorcycle Museum a couple of years ago, on loan by the owner. If you got the Andover Norton "Source" you'd have known this because I wrote about it and published a photo with me between my old JPN (also there, also sold to that collector though much later) and the Cooke Neilsen.
Said collector who wishes to remain anomymous also bought the 1973 Oil in Frame Rotary that I had collected the components for from at least 4 different sources, the biggest bits being the rolling chassis which I bought from TMS, and the engine that Richard Negus got me from the roof of the test house in Shenstone.
I used the Cooke Neilsen as an everyday go-to-work bike in the mid-1980s and frankly it was the best rotary bar the much later F1 Sports I ever rode. Everything felt "right" on it.
Rotor 1

Post by Rotor 1 »

Joe,
Thanks for your reply to my question!
I saw that 1973 rotary and JPN in your workshop (see photo) when I visited you in Germany in May 2004. It was already sold by then and still had to be picked up. As you report to the anonymous buyer.
Will visit that museum when I get close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.