DVLA and vehicle history

GeoffD

DVLA and vehicle history

Post by GeoffD »

Just wasted half a day trying to contact the DVLA, to get the ownership history for my Classic, only to be told that due to compliance with the Eurpean Data Protection Act, they can no longer issue details of a vehicles previous ownership.
What a pity they do not have the same reluctance when it come to serlling our details to pivate car park firms.
So it looks like we can no longer put a history together for our classic vehicles.
Don't you just love bureaucracy!
johnbirchjar

Re: DVLA and vehicle history

Post by johnbirchjar »

Dos this ruling also apply to our club records?Dave?
That was one of the good things about the old buff log books,one could trace the previous owners,not just how many smiley,J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Geoff D

If you are a club member, email me at RotaryOC@aol.com and I’ll see if I have any details on your machine.

David
GeoffD

Post by GeoffD »

Thanks David.
Yes, I am a member. I'll email you what information that I do have.
Thanks.
Geoff
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Speaking of the dvla, I could not Sorn my two long standing bikes I have tried several times. I suused somthing changed and have now sornd both bikes the other week.

one wonders why the change are the Dvla gong to start selling of reg numbers that have never been taxed or sorn since the scheam came in.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Another problem I have had in the past with the DVLA is their computer not excepting my card details but seem to have no problem when I contact them by phone and their operator do's it from their end evil,(they can't explain it either wink)J.B.