Norton now by TVS Motors India

holger999

Norton now by TVS Motors India

Post by holger999 »

holger999

Re: Norton now by TVS Motors India

Post by holger999 »

sad but true ... and the Indians have had money for a long time ...

this is how the English colonial era took revenge

British India (English British India or British Raj, from Hindi [राज] rāj [rɑːdʒ] audio file / audio sample Listen? / I) [1] refers in the narrower sense to the British colonial empire on the Indian subcontinent between 1858 and 1947.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britisch-Indien

in addition, the Indians already have a lot of money ... but very unevenly distributed ... just Indian capitalism.
TVS, India's third largest motorcycle manufacturer, paid the equivalent of $ 20 million in cash for Norton names, intellectual property, and employee contracts. Production will be relocated from its current location in Donington Park in the coming months.

Then let's see ... what they make of it.

regards
Holger
Assen

Post by Assen »

Ìndeed lets see what they make of it...

My problem is, that if i would buy a new bike like a Norton, Royal Enfield, BSA or Triumph it would have to been made in the UK. At least the engine, frame and complete assembly.
Same with a BMW...a Chinese BMW...never.. Italian bikes? The same...
Has something to do with soul and character?? I know this barely exists anymore with consumer products....
Perhaps i'm old fashioned..

Jannes
Assen

Post by Assen »

Ìndeed lets see what they make of it...

My problem is, that if i would buy a new bike like a Norton, Royal Enfield, BSA or Triumph it would have to been made in the UK. At least the engine, frame and complete assembly.
Same with a BMW...a Chinese BMW...never.. Italian bikes? The same...
Has something to do with soul and character?? I know this barely exists anymore with consumer products....
Perhaps i'm old fashioned..

Jannes
holger999

Post by holger999 »

holger999

Post by holger999 »

better produced in India and successfully sold worldwide ... than a bandit and gangster like Stuart Garner who betrayed many people.
The qualities of the motorcycles from TVS prove themselves in the models from BMW.

regards
Holger
holger999

Post by holger999 »

fogrider

Post by fogrider »

So who gets the share out of the 20 million ? Does this resolve the pension scam issues etc ? Does it bail S. Garner out ?

Good luck to TVS, but the 'new' Royal Enfield big twins, as good as they are said to be, not over priced like the Donnington Nortons, simply haven't been taken up on a large scale. It appears that there are more for sale second hand than the dealers are selling new. So is that going to happen with the TVS Nortons ?

OK, the new ones are more fuel efficient and less polluting, but for the mileage I do on a classic bike, does it matter ?

Time will tell, but I would sooner have a late sixties Commando than a new TVS version, I have a 1958 Enfield Constellation and I wouldn't replace it with one of the new ones, although the thought of electric start is rather tempting...……..

Regards all
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Had any prob's with warped heads on your "Constipation"?(they were the "Achilies Heel of that model back in the day wink)J.B.
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Hello John, touch wood, no, but it rarely gets used these days. It's a great ride, comfortable, good slogger in top but it gets a bit 'viby' above 60mph so she's been relegated. My 500 unit twin Triumph gets the most use, light, quick, fun.
The F1 sport was supposed to be out this year (and last year) but when.....?. It WILL be ridden later this year !!!!

Regards all
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I had a 500 Speed Twin(BathTub)briefly,bought it in a weak moment back in the early '90's,absolute pile of poo,(I also bought a BSA A50,)about the same time (another pile of junk,)no wonder our Bike industry went down the tubes evil ,a far better piece of kit was a little Honda 400/4 that I owned at the time smiley ,mind you, once I had registered the Classic and began riding it regularly,they ALL got sold Very Happy,
Re: your F1,GO SHOPPING ON IT exclaim, SVF,J.B.