ROC members /other bikes

Malc

ROC members /other bikes

Post by Malc »

Reading the last page of Epitrochoid 87 (last one) about Heskeths and 4 Silks owned in the ranks of the club,I think it would be good if there was at least a notice of each other's club events.The comment "I would guess, though I cannot be certain, that the profile of the average member would not be dissimilar?" on same page made me think if there would be an 'average member'.Are we all as eccentric and quirky as our bikes? or just mad as hatters? May be just me!I know some members own other varied bikes as well as rotaries, so anyone intersted in saying why they have a rotary and if they think it is any better or worse than other bikes they have owned?Malc
Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Re: ROC members /other bikes

Post by Derek Nicol »

No other bikes for me, no point, they would never see the light of day, i would always choose the Norton.Ive owned bikes that were faster, that handled better, that were more comfortable, that i could cruise at higher speeds on, etc etc etc... but none compare with the Norton.
Interpol2471

Re: ROC members /other bikes

Post by Interpol2471 »

I like anything thats different on two wheels really, I have three other bikes but I do normally take the Norton depending on what the event is. I have a 68 Triumph Daytona, 62 Tiger Cub, 1980 Yamaha LC all do different things and I love them all, must admit its a bit of a shocker getting off the cub and then onto the IP2 Very Happy The thing I hate the most is a plastic rocket they just have no sole or indivuality if you know what I mean.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....