Piagio 3 wheelers

johnbirchjar

Piagio 3 wheelers

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,anyone had any dealings with the Piaggio 500cc 3 wheelers?('cos I am seriously considering buying one)
Iv'e had a bit of a "surf" and there is not much to choose from,( Yamaha's 900?cc along with the Harley and & the"Wing" are all a bit too big and expensive for this old biker)so these aside, the Piaggio seems to be the only 3 wheeler on the market that has a big enough engine for long-distance & motorway cruising,(unless one of you guys can tell me different)I await your input,ride safe,J.B.
Ian

Re: Piagio 3 wheelers

Post by Ian »

John, they're an absolute hoot!
The 500 will sit at any speed you like, you simply press a button as you come to a halt and don't need to put your foot down. Just twist to start again.
Throws onlookers when you ride along with one of the front wheels up the kerb. The two front wheels make it extremely stable. Front end slides just don't seem to happen.
Quite big physically mind.
I liked mine, till a scumbag decided he wanted more than me. Then I bought an Aprilia Mana, an automatic motorcycle using the same transmission system.
Try one, I'm sure you'll like it.
Ian.
johnbirchjar

Re: Piagio 3 wheelers

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Ian,thanks for that, although the Aprilia is not what I am looking for as it is just like a conventional bike. smiley I need a three wheeler( 'cos they don't fall over cool)J.B.