'Official' Norton video on youtube

David Brown

'Official' Norton video on youtube

Post by David Brown »

Am I the only one who looks at youtube?Only two views so far of the video of the new Norton Rotary . (On the second page). 7 minutes and 50 seconds long.Do we still think its going to get off the ground?Some good footage, interviews with Mr Garner and Mr Crighton and the bike sounds great.Not sure about the Thin Lizzy intro.Definitely worth a look.David
whiffling clara

Re: 'Official' Norton video on youtube

Post by whiffling clara »

I've never looked at youtube.Is this an official "Norton" promotion or is it some amatuer thing and is it for the rotary race bike, road bike or the 4 stroke, reciprocating twin.If it is official then it seems to me that its a strange place to be promoting a new bike. Then again its better than inviting MCN along and having them print something different to what they were told.Is this video on the Norton Racing website ?Will it get off the ground ? The rotary will surely race at the TT and we are told at the NW200. The bike(s) that do this won't be "new" rotaries. They will have 20 year old "Old Norton" engines with new engine management and a frame that is very little different from that of the F1. I doubt very much that they will manufacture their own design rotary engine and doubt even more that if they do they will sell it as a road bike in quantities greater than 20. The 4 stroke twin is a much more viable proposition but I dont expect to see this on sale this summer as predicted by Mr. Garner. Next summer perhaps.Despite what I have said above I sincerely hope that they do it. It's good to see someone trying to manufacture something in this country.
The older I get the faster I was
Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Post by Derek Nicol »

David Brown wrote:youtube? video of the new Norton Rotary . 7 minutes and 50 seconds long.Some good footage, interviews with Mr Garner and Mr Crighton and the bike sounds great.Not sure about the Thin Lizzy intro. Definitely worth a look. David
David, any chance of a link? or the http address? i cant find it! cry
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

I think this is the video David mentions, not sure how official it is, but definately done with co-operation from Norton as Stuart Garner is being interviewedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seSUqyoAi8M
Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Post by Derek Nicol »

Thanks cool Is it just me or is the sound missing from most of it?
John in Leeds

Post by John in Leeds »

Is it just me or is the sound missing from most of it?
Er...It's just you. Very Happy (Tho' the sound level is a bit variable)