Classic handlebar switches

mickm

Classic handlebar switches

Post by mickm »

My starter button has fallen out. Can anyone sugest a set of replacement switches. red face
D Bracey DB6

Re: Classic handlebar switches

Post by D Bracey DB6 »

Mick,
I might have a set of switches from when I made my special so will have a look for you. Unfortunately, I'm away on business next week so it'll be next weekend before I get a chance. Please pm me if you find something else as I'll need to really hunt for them.

David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I think the originals were Yamaha,if all else fails try a Bike Breakers,also George Molineux has recently "broke up" a couple of IP2's (same switch gear?)I should think the amount of years Graham has been involved with Norton Rotories surely he must be worth contacting?rgds,J.B.
nednortonrider

Post by nednortonrider »

Contact Startright 01132453643 They do an Aluminium replacement . Very easy repair .
mickm

Post by mickm »

red face I've contacted Startright and a repair button is in the post. Also Andover have a stock of new switches . So one of these is on the way. But typically I'm off to Dijon on Thursday am. So it'll be a bit tight. As it's a ground switch I can use a small screwdriver to ground it. Not a very satisfying result but it will do the job. I'm hoping one or the other arrive Wednesday, giving me a chance to do a propper job.
This bloody bike seems doomed not to take me to Dijon as last year I lost the sparks. I didn't sort it untill my return.
PS thanks David as you can see I have sourced the switch.
But still looking for the rear end molding. evil
mickm

Post by mickm »

A big THANK YOU to Graham at Startright. I phoned on Saturday realy in a bit of a panic. The starter button on the floor and with departure to France on Thursday. And family duties to fit in ás well. I got home this evening Tues to find a new repair button on the door mat. Graham had made it for me on his day off. It'll be fitted in the morning and the trip will go ahead on time. When the one from Andover arrives it'll go into my spares draw. Thanks to those that offered help and advice. Mick
David Rodgers

Post by David Rodgers »

My starter button has just fallen out of the handlebar switch, so i did a search on the forum to see about getting a replacement.
Either Norton part 48-0261 or a Yamaha, part number unknown. I saw this thread suggesting that the actual button is available as an aluminium part from Startright. Does anyone know if this is still the case, Startright are shut now but i can phone in the morning. Sod's law as i'm going to France/Pyrenees/Spain on the Classic on Monday!
Assen

Post by Assen »

Tip;
Just saw on the website of "Yambits" that the starter-switch-button can be bought as a separate item. About 9, pounds. Its from a XS750 Yamaha i think. Usefull to know i guess.

Jannes