Andover Norton Webshop

ZFD

Andover Norton Webshop

Post by ZFD »

Gentlemen,Just a quick note to say our new website is now online. I have started to integrate the Norton Rotaries at last- now that I have a software that can link pictures up. Classic and Commander are currently covered, and Richard's reaction, who kindly looked it over pre-publication, was: "stock is better than I expected".See http://www.andover-norton.co.ukAs soon as I can I'll add the IPII and F1Sports parts lists.Remember the current webshop links cover only our finished stock. We have a lot of unfinished castings. We also have the moulds to re-manufacture most glass fible parts if demand justifies it.Joe
Interpol2471

Re: Andover Norton Webshop

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks Joe new site looks good. How do we find out what unfinished stock is held as I am looking for a number of parts not listed?Thanks Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Paul,A bit difficult at present as we have only just gotten everything in Andover after Pete's retirement. Most of the unfinished stock is still in stores #2 waiting for us to make a rough order and then I hope for Richard to identify and list what is there, and what of the secondhand goods is useable.Some of the parts we simply keep because I don't have the heart to bin them but is most probably uneconomical to finish- like raw castings of F1 drive sides etc. Demand is probably zero, and finishing just one is pure lunacy- it calls for all of them to be done together and then we probably sit on a dozen or two that nobody needs.The moulds again wait for Richard to identify and list so we know what can be re-made.Joe
Joe

Post by Joe »

Execellent Joe, a very good way for us to see stocked items and order parts. Well done. If I purchased an unfinished casting would you be able to provide information for completing it, ie a copy of the drawing?Regards, Joe.
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Joe,Sorry, we do not give out copies of our drawings. I know that Andover Norton once had employees who quite happily copied and sent our technical drawings out to all and sundry.The only way was for us to get those castings machined by trusted suppliers who have signed our confidentiality agreement.Joe
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

How about giving a free drawing out with every raw casting purchased, if it uneconomic for you to do it yourself Joe?It seems odd that on the one hand you cannot machine them yourself because it is not financially viable; yet on the other hand you will not provide a customer with the information he needs to have it done himself.Or have I read the situation wrong?David
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

David,If a customer is really desperate to get a part that we have the raw material for I am certain a mutually beneficial solution can be found.Our drawings are the basis of our business. We cannot pass them on to everybody. It was often surprising at best, annoying and hurtful at worst, where drawings ended up in the past.Joe
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Hi GuysI ordered parts from Andover Norton for my F1 through the new online parts locater everything was easy it was great I ordered and paid for the order I waited a few days for the goods to arrive after a time I phoned Andover N as part of the order was headstock bearings which I needed very urgently, The guy at Andover N said yes we have received your order then the bombshell we don't have them in stock I said when will you get them in the reply was I don't know I then went on to ask do you have a date in mind the reply was no,- I didn't have time to play games I asked for my money back which was sorted out the next day.The new system part id locator is a great idea for ordering and for purchasing The problem is the buyer has no idea if any of the parts are in stock at Andover Norton at the time of orderingI know people try there best I just happen to find this problem with my order which I needed fast and I should have done the ordering the old fashion way Best to ring and ask for Phil its less aggro and save time in the long run unless a way can be found to show if a part is in stock when ordering.Ride safeAndy smiley
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Problem noted. We are currently working towards linking our stock system up with the webshop. Not so much a software problem, but we are in a part of Andover with a VERY (unbelievably so!) slow internet connection so need to do something about that first. Phil has instigated the necessary installation of a better connection. I understand this means actually physically getting a cable to our premises. But it will probably be a while until we are there.We have also taken on a new salesguy who deals only with online orders so if all goes well- which it tends to never do- you should get quicker replies and, if ze wurst comes to ze wurst, a mail we don't have the item in the necessary quantity! cry Joe