roc events 2016

Wayne

roc events 2016

Post by Wayne »

hi allUnfortunately I may struggle to put some of the Roc stands on this year due to health problems with my legs and work commitments, first the issue with my leg has now spread in to both legs, this really came to the for at the jurby festival where I had 3 bikes and the stand to set up and take down it was too much on my own and aggravated my legs that bad I did not take a bike out for fear of a repeat of Mallory early in the year where I came off.Last year Joe walker, Chris Chant, JB and another chap with a F1 who,s name I cannot remember brought bikes and helped take down the stands. I also had help from Mark Simpson and Mark Day setting up at Mallory despite setting there own stand up. Thanks to you all for your support.However I will need 4 people minimum to set up and take down the stand, it would also help if I only brought 3 bikes maximum this gives more room in the van for the stand stuff and easier to pack up. I will only take 2 at jurby this yearI/We have been invited back to Mallory, Donnington and jurby, Mallory, unfortunately Mallory have moved there dade to the middle of my firms shut down which is a real problem setting the stand up. I would have liked to do the Cadwell park classic this year.The other option I have is to offer to do a joint stand with the Noc which I don't think they will do or put my stuff on a Noc stand if they want it as they always have plenty of people.If you can help with the stand please get in touch, I need commitments by march to let organisers no if we will attend and the size of the stand, also some one in west Yorkshire who can help me load up even better. Ser Below for what I am on aboutMallory 2015, the stand did not get finishedImageImageImageDonnington 2015ImageImageImageImageJurby 2015ImageImageRegards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Re: roc events 2016

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Wayne,sorry to hear about your health probs:I definitly will NOT be at Mallory this year,I was not very impressed with the facillaties or the area set asside for camping(down at the paddock area) don't know about the other venues,will keep you informed,ride safe,J.B.PS I had no idea that we had not quite put up all the stand at Mallory last year red face
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi JbThanks for letting me Know, with me having the bed in the trailer, I suppose I don't notice the camping, compared to two weeks in the iom camping proper, ie air bed going down in the night I the tent, my trailer it feels like 5 star to me in my bed.For me Mallory was a total disaster last year not just the coming off but I was really out of it afterwards. Donnington was a much better affair and nearer where I want to be with the stand. At the classic tt I made the mistake of taking 3 bikes in the van it took me 3 hrs to pack up, with 2 bikes I would have done it in an hour.I would do Stafford, however this would need club members and some one to do the paperwork.Regards Wayne
Sidecar47

Post by Sidecar47 »

Wayne, could you pop the dates up please so I can check them. I'll do my best to support both Mallory & Donington with the w/c Classic. Rgds, Chris
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi chrisMallory is the 30/31 of july and donningtont is the 6/7 of August. Both these events are in my firms annual shut down. As i work in the maintenance dept i canot 100% guarantee i will abailable and i am not allowed to book holidays in our shut down.Our firm have a bad habit of cutting shutdown short. Or not woorking the weekends, normaly we have s good idea 4 weeks beforhand. I intend to speek to both organisers to see what the cut off date would be.I could do stafford in october and hope to do jurby in august. I canyt see any thing about cadwell classic this year if any one has other events to suggest please post themRegards wayne