Coils on Commander

Campbell Adie

Coils on Commander

Post by Campbell Adie »

Hi Campbell Adie here, has anyone out there moved the coils on there Commander to a more accessable place [on the bike] and also a drier one ? Thanks
Joe

Re: Coils on Commander

Post by Joe »

Hello Campbell, Yes I moved my coils away from the flow of water many years ago. It cured the problem of cutting out in heavey rain instantly which strangely my other Commander has never done. Anyway, I had to modify the coil sub wiring loom and use longer HT leads but it was an easy job. I repositioned a coil to behind each Transfer port using the two Left hand upper M8 fixing bolts onto a homemade bracket and Norton F1 coil clamp. I also changed them to 12v so I could do away with the ballast resistor. Well worth the effort. If you PM me your email address I'll forward a photo as I don't know how to do it here unless anybody jumps in to advise me how to post pics. Regards, Joe.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Joe,You mean something like this? smiley
4002-34.jpg
I have an enormous number of photo files, the only problem being remembering where each photo is.To add a photo, go below the 'Post a Reply' box, below 'Submit' and find 'Options' & 'Attachments'Click on the latter, select your photo, wait while it loads, click on 'Place inline' - et voila, M'sieu!Works for me anyway.R.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Can I change to 12v coils on my Classic?J.B.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Thanks Richard, As always your spot on. Nice clean engine with a new wiring loom. Now I'm not sure that I should dare show my photo as it's work in progress and my bikes very dirty as usual.Regards, Joe.
Campbell Adie

Post by Campbell Adie »

Hi Guys, thanks very much for taking time to reply, Richard thanks for the photo, I will have a go at doing the same. All the best Campbell