Classic TT

site admin
Site Admin

Classic TT

Post by site admin »

Did you watch ITV4 tonight?Excellent report on the Classic TT and....In the background on two of the interviews I heard the wonderful noise of a rotary norton. Also caught a glimpse of Richard Wilson 110 mph lap! 21st in the F1 on a totally reliable rotary. A fantastic result for Andy Wilson who built the bike with and for his son Richard with just one aim in mind: To finish in the 2014 ClassicTT.Watch it on catch up, listen for that wonderful distinctive sound! quoteWiz Norton RacingYesterday at 08:55 · Edited ·And that's a finish! 21st over the line and it feels as good as a win. Some good lap times and a good pit stop, but Richard had to stop at the top of the mountain with 10 miles to go when the chain jumped off. He quickly managed to get it back on and nurse the bike home.We can 'what if' and wonder how he'd have done had that not happen but to finish a race on the TT mountain course isn't easy on a modern bike, yet alone a 20 year old Norton rotary built by a few bald/balding men in a shed.Many thanks to all the team, everyone who helped get us here and a big thanks for all your continuing support! end of quoteErr, I've still got all my hair....:-)Graham
GerryT

Re: Classic TT

Post by GerryT »

Classic TT only caught the last few miniutes off it but it looked good it Very Happy is repeated again on Monday ITV4
wust588

Post by wust588 »

Graham,I watched it, and I thought I heard a few seconds of what sounded like a rotary Norton.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Sounded well in the flesh through glen Hellen and parliament square. the bike is the late tony Carye second bike that he never finished so it's an absolute credit to the lads in the back and Richard him self, he told me through sully it had a weave and he did not give ti full whack.I think once the get used to the bike it will be a lot more to come next year. Reagards Wayne