Vehicle History

Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Vehicle History

Post by Derek Nicol »

Ive been meaning to get my bikes history from the DVLA for the last six years to find out if it was Police (which Force?) or RAC or MOD... finally got around to it.\rhttp://direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Owning ... DG_4022067\rAs the current registered keeper of a vehicle you can request information about the history of your vehicle and previous keepers. You must complete the relevant sections on the V888 form and send it with the fee of £5.00 to... (Swansea).\rIt turns out my bike started life with the South Yorkshire Police who owned it for six years. It then spent the next ten years in Preston before finding its way to Blackpool for a couple of years (from where i bought it).
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hello Derek,\r\rI have done this too, on an ex-plod BMW R80 that turned out to be an ex-Met bike, and my IP2 which was a South Yorkshire police bike.\r\rIn both cases DVLA even sent me copy V5s, which surprised me.\r\rI'd still like to track down a particular Commando I used to own (and the Alfa Romeo in which my eldest daughter was conceived!) but unfortunately DVLA will only say that neither of these are currently taxed, though neither are recorded as scrapped or exported. Data protection and all that.\r\rAny suggestions on how to track down a vehicle with a personal attachment? \r\rIan
Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Post by Derek Nicol »

A fellow South Yorkshire bike... similar reg? mine is A593WHL.\rNo, i dont know how to get any more info on previously owned vehicles than you already have from DVLA vehicle enquiries...\rhttp://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/\rDont tell me, the Alfa was broken down in a layby :lol: ... (ive had a 33 and three 156's).
Ian

Post by Ian »

My IP2 is 599! Small world.\r\rThe Alfa hadn't broken down. It deliberately failed to proceed near Weston-Super-Mare seafront in 1979! It was an Alfa Spider and they aren't very big inside and I'm still not sure how.........
Ian

Post by Ian »

Shows how stupid I am. My bike is A600 WHL and always has been. i have no idea why I wrote down a different one.