Kanonkopdrinker

Derek Nicol

Kanonkopdrinker

Post by Derek Nicol »

Hmm... would i be right in thinking that Kanonkopdrinker is no less than our very own leader of the UK Conservative Party? :? May i enquire how you arrived at your forum name? and just how much alcohol was involved? :lol: (be honest now)
kanonkopdrinker

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Derek, ever thought of a career in the CID?The name? Kanonkop - my favourite red; and 'drinker' - my second favourite hobby.
Derek Nicol

Post by Derek Nicol »

From the KanonKop website...'Kanonkop is a family estate, originally purchased by JW Sauer, a cabinet member in the parliament of the Union of South Africa. His son PO Sauer, also a cabinet minister, who was the Minister of Railways and Harbours and later became a Senator, took over the reins from his father'. Friends of yours? 'The name Kanonkop is derived from a kopje (hillock), from which a cannon was fired in the 17th Century, to alert farmers in outlying areas that sailing ships plying the waters between Europe and the Far East had entered Table Bay for a stopover at Cape Town. In those days the Cape was first and foremost a replenishment station and the farmers would load their wagons, inspan their oxen and set off for the harbour town to barter their produce'.So! now we know (and nothing to do with kops & wobbers).