Norton Rotary Spares - Retail Values?

Jon3090

Norton Rotary Spares - Retail Values?

Post by Jon3090 »

Afternoon all,Can anyone give advice on the general retail value of genuine Norton Rotary (Air Cooled) spares (Interpol II, Classic, Aurora) :Complete Engines?Separate engine components i.e. end plates, rotor housings, intermediate plate, alternantors/fly wheels, rotors?Frames?Gearboxes complete and gearbox housings?Aurora Tanks?Any help greatly appreciated!Kind RegardsJon
gripper

Re: Norton Rotary Spares - Retail Values?

Post by gripper »

Many of the parts you ask about are becoming difficult to find now, particularly if they are in good condition. Air cooled end plates are probably worth IRO £600.You could probably ask what you like for an Aroura tank. Why not list what you have on the for sale page and see what comes back. You don't have to sell if you think offers are not good.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Difficult question to answer. Supply is low and demand is low, so there is generally no mass market to establish a price. The price can often come down to negotiation between one buyer and seller unless either Andover Norton or Startright has the part in stock to establish a price. Complete Interpols can usually still be bought (when they come up) for a little over £2K, so that ultimately limits the price of parts.Engines and engine castings in good shape are rare, so name your price, but only on the rare occasion that someone actually needs one. Startright have a selection of worn second hand castings, which you could perhaps use to estimate a price for what you have. Aurora tanks are rocking horse poo, but only valuable if someone out there fancies making an aurora replica. Alternators are Japanese parts bin, so are readily available. I have seen frames and gearbox casings go unsold on Ebay.
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

Not engine related but i bought 2 sets of complete fairings for my IP2 for £207 on ebay! yes £207!!!i also bought a full set minus the right hand panel for my commander from Norton Motors for less than £260.Russ
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
gripper

Post by gripper »

I sold my IP2 fairing complete with brackets, headlight, new paint. for £100. wish I hadn't now. But they do take up a serious amount of room in the garage.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

A couple of years ogo I paid £700-00 in a fit of "panic bying" for the last-but-one left hand end plate avaliable from Rugely (and it was'nt new,just re-ground & mollied) as a "should I ever need one" spare,only to discover some months later that Graham had ditto for about £350-00!! but I should think that by now said end plates are getting very hard to find,ride safe,J.B.
Jon3090

Post by Jon3090 »

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice and I absolutely agree on all comments.It will take me days to sort all the spares out as we have just been sitting on them for the last 15 years or so - I will have to think carefully then ! :-) Part of the collection is the Works 'XSS1' engine (dismantled) and all plates moli'd before being stored away. they will probably be down at my stall at Beaulieu Internation Auto Jumble this weekend - Green Field.Oh, as we speak I have just found a box of reverse airflow kits and 2 un-used rotor housings....Many thanksJon
Jon3090

Post by Jon3090 »

.. Beaulieu International AutoJumble this weekend Sat/Sun - Green Field Stalls G149/G150
gripper

Post by gripper »

It would have been nice to offer the parts to the members of the ROC having picked their brains first. Ho Hum.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I will be there Sunday if anyone wants me to buy on commission lol wink
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
gripper

Post by gripper »

How much cash are you planning on taking? securicor doesn't come cheapwink
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Oh I was going the whole hog and taking £50 so all of my pocket money cry
Jon3090

Post by Jon3090 »

Taking just a 'token' amount this weekend as our main trade is vintage and veteran spares - so it depends on how much space I have left in the van. Watch this space after Beaulieu, as when we have sorted everything out and made an inventory I am sure we will offer various stuff to the club via this forum.(Incidently this stock is only coming up for sale because there was a burlgary on the premises and the potential 3 complete bikes have been scupperered with the theft of wheels, forks and pipes etc :-( )RegardsJon
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Or even better Jon, advertise them initially in the club newsletter, and that way only ROC members will get to have first choice ... You can email me at RotaryOC 'at' aol.comMany thanks,David
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi jonI am after air coold engine stuff for my race bike and a compleat engine if possible, pm me, i have been at the manx and only just found this link, Regards Wayne
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

MMM now some forks are for sale on eBay .. not saying anything but have a look red face
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi johnCan you contact me as i dont want to travel from west yorks to nere enough the south coast only to find you decided not to take the rotary stuff or the stuff i am interested ininterplodI am indisscussions on the forks for the 89 rcw, i bought a set identical ex works set two weeks ago for the rc bike they were compleat with wheel spindel, calipers and brackets and a early set of wp adjusterble yokesRegaurds Wayne
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Good luck Wayne they looked quite nice that is why I was looking.. I will leave alone for you wink
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi all,I visited this guy he has quite a bit of stuff all air cooled, ie classic side panels wiring harnesses, rotors, chassis, Gearbox extno conection though usual disclamerRegards Wayne
hudson

Post by hudson »

Are you still looking to sell any of this?Cheers,Andrew