RC588 info required

Wayne

RC588 info required

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllCan any one tell me how many Rc588 are left in there origonal condition and who owns them, apart from the one in the museum. Brian C has informed me my spondon race frame was deliverd by spondon to norton in april 88 the 6th frame made for the race team, it had started life with the rc engine fitted then later the water coold engine brifly, the bike ran both coulor scheams. Next job is to determin if its the TT swinging arm (longer than standard)To my knoledge the air cooled frames are as accounted for as followsMuseum 87 rc588Paul rc, currently 89 rcwDunbars Rc x 2, then used as jps stand demo bikes currently 89 rcwthats 4, 5 with my frame so theres at least another frame or bike, 89 frames when they arived the number parts starts with a 4. I would like to look at a 87/88 bike with the faring off. The Museum are not interested in providing helpRegards Wayne
Wayne

Re: RC588 info required

Post by Wayne »

Hi allAs i suspeted there is another Rc588 in private ownership, this takes up all the six frames made up to april 88, however there may have been some more 300 series frames made after mine in 88 untill the 400 series rcw frames were made by spondon for 89. Below is my 88 frame with mark simpsons tank being tryed for sizeImageRegaurds Wayne