Norton Motorcycle article

David Brown

Norton Motorcycle article

Post by David Brown »

Hi all,Not a magazine I normally read but March's Motorcycle Sport and Leisure made good reading. Interviews with Pierre Terblanche and Stuart Garner where both say that the Rotary engine will definitely be developed 100%. Possibly a limited edition Rotary although the Commando will continue and a new road going motorcycle will be possibly V4 although it hasn't been finalised.Are we excited yet?When are we going to get a Rotary Owners Club visit to the Norton factory? I'm sure we have lots of questions we would like to ask that never seem to get asked by the Motorcycle journo's.Like, will I be able to afford one?Dave B
Interpol2471

Re: Norton Motorcycle article

Post by Interpol2471 »

What a surprise .. a V4 wow who would have guessed after we were told that at the Donnington Norton day...ooooppsss Oh my bad he did not say V4 he said a multi cylinder engine but not a straight configuration Very Happy
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

As I said in an earlier post when I visited the Norton factory and spoke to Staurt at length about the rotary he showed gebuine enthusiasm for the enigne and it's many possible uses. The all new rotary engine they have developed is very impressive. It is entirely CNC machined from billet alloy and looks no bigger than the old rotary engine. I really hope it makes it into production.
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

when I was at Norton's 50th anniversary I was told between £30 - 40,000 well they will never tell I told a certain gentleman as I paid £12,700 for mine and that never sold either. Why pay that kind of money when you can buy an MV Augusta for £15,000 enough said
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

or even sell?
headturtle

Post by headturtle »

look forward to seeing you lot up at the factory ! ill have the kettle on waiting
lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave and slip in safely in a well preserved body but to skid in sideways totally worn screaming "holy shit what a ride!"
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

when is the trip to the Norton factory scheduled for then?
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

There has been some news on a trip to Norton .... for ROC membersI just need to email them some mutually convenient dates (thinking of Sept / Oct time) - and it will be on a weekday - with a small charge (which apparently pays for a Norton goody bag.)Further details will be in the club newsletter.David