Norton Motorcycles visit.

Nortonash

Norton Motorcycles visit.

Post by Nortonash »

I just thought I would post a shot of me and 2 wonderful bikes from my recent visit to Norton. I would like to thank Stuart Garner and everyone else I met at Norton, Stuart is incredibly enthusiastic about the whole business. The possible good news is that I got to see the new rotary engine, there are no guarantees that the engine will reach production but again Stuart is very enthusiastic about it. The whole thing, including the gearbox housing, is machined in house from billet alloy and really does look beautiful. It will be a great shame if it isn't produced in numbers.Image
Nortonash

Re: Norton Motorcycles visit.

Post by Nortonash »

Well I must admit I am surprised that no-one seems to have any interest in the new rotary engine. It may not come to anything but if testing shows it to be as good as computer simulations show it to be there may be another rotary out there. wink
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Lets hope there is a new one coming or better still spares for the existing ones.But, so many stories come filtering through I dont know what or who to believe.Derek.
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

What parts do you need that are currently unavailable?Joe S.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Could be in the market for a Commander wiring harness as there is so much resistance in my red Commanders wiring the headlight gives an amber glow. Is there 100% availability for, say, Commander spares. If there is, thats terrific & I will sell my spare Commander which I have kept just in case spares dried up.Derek.
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

100% parts availability you don't have even with a living manufacturer for a product that is in current production. I see we don't have the P53 (Commander civilian) wiring loom but I think we have the construction board for it so it could be made if you put an order in.We are still sorting parts occasionally that are in unnumbered bins- probably through the various moves- but on the whole Hungerford/Andover Norton is now pretty well organized and looking at remanufacturing parts we don't have but which people want. Joe S.