New 695cc Norton Rotary in MCN

David Brown

New 695cc Norton Rotary in MCN

Post by David Brown »

New Norton Rotary seems to be making progress according to MCN today. Two page spread. 695CC, 210bhp totally redesigned engine revving to 13,000 instead of 10,000. Ambitious plans for IOM TT next year and BSB, WSB and/or even MotoGP rules allowing. I must admit it all sounds very promising but haven't we been here before?. I want to know when Mr Cameron going to arrange for us Rotary owners/enthusiasts to visit the factory? I want to see it in the flesh!!! The engine in the pictures might be a hollogram or made of cardboard and clay. I hope the investment continues and we see Norton racing again. I am mildly optimistic.There. A mostly positive post from me.David
ZFD

Re: New 695cc Norton Rotary in MCN

Post by ZFD »

Bob Rowley and Richard Negus looked at the drawing and pointed out how inlet port, exhaust port and spark plug were positioned in relation to eachother. A rotary two-stroke with 1:1 compression? wink
gripper

Post by gripper »

I bet the people who have paid a deposit for a new Commando are well impressed with the news of the rotary. I see there was someone selling his deposit on ebay so he must have got tired of waiting.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

The ebay guy said he could no longer complete the deal due to, I think, to changed cicumstances. Derek.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Yes I guess that was he was tired of waiting for nothing to happen Very Happy
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....