News

george1045

News

Post by george1045 »

From Norton Commando website. Shock news if true Peter Williams is no longer at Norton factory. Nothing is certain has anyone out there heard anything.
Richard Negus

Re: News

Post by Richard Negus »

george1045 wrote:From Norton Commando website..
'Morning George,To which site do you refer ?See you in the good weather somewhere North of the Border ?R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
george1045

Post by george1045 »

Hi Richard, try www.accessnorton.com Seems to be a busy web site as you have to keep trying.One of the Belguim boys who ordered a Norton and was no6 on the list went to the factory but was told by a security guard to F*off and would not allow anyone in. So dont know what is happening.
Malc

Post by Malc »

Most probably true, Heard he was a bit 'disenchanted' and his departure was imminent !
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Thanks George - found it now ; I'd be a bit concerned too if I'd put down a deposit on a new bike. Old news, I know, but this from the Beeb shows bikes being built, allegedly. Tony Squires' body language is about the same as at the 09 TT.I counted a total of 7 people, although the clip shows more cars parked outside than that. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8393175.stm R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

First Brian C, now Pete Williams!,methinks Mr Garner has problems hanging onto key members of his staff!!J.B.
MrB

Post by MrB »

I'm not knowledgable enough to know much about the goings on at Norton but it strikes me that they are (unfairly?) in that uncomfortable place of being damned if they do and damned if they don't. Maybe they've had some set backs. Maybe they have got a few problems - hands up who has never had problems to resolve! I'd like to see Norton producing enough bikes to keep it sustainable in as short a time as possible and then moving to producing bikes which a dad with demands on his hard earned cash (like me) can afford. Personally I wish Mr Garner every success. If he can turn his dream into reality then I might attain one of mine.Johnny
gripper

Post by gripper »

I agree with your sentiment. I know Mr Creighton and Mr Williams are both technically very astute. They have both been at the top of their game and probably still are. So what's the common denominator here? probably someone who is very successful marketing prams and fireworks and has a passion for motorcycles. Nothing wrong with that. I wish him luck, I hear his order book is full. Nice place to be in the current economic climate.