norton motors

cornishman

norton motors

Post by cornishman »

just been reading this months Classic Bike there is an article on the new norton company it says that brian crighton was disenchanted with the project, unhappy about entering the TT, and things have not worked out as I expected. on the bright side peter williams is now consultant engineer .I wonder whats next ?
ZFD

Re: norton motors

Post by ZFD »

cornishman wrote:just been reading this months Classic Bike there is an article on the new norton company it says that brian crighton was disenchanted with the project, unhappy about entering the TT, and things have not worked out as I expected. on the bright side peter williams is now consultant engineer .I wonder whats next ?
Norton Motors has nothing to do with this- it is Norton Motorcycles Ltd, a name invented by Rozanda "Rozy" Scalbania in about 1995, replacing the company name "Norton Motors (1993) Ltd". Everything was rozy in those days...... The name later migrated over the big pond and reappeared in the States, to give a company name to various V-Twins from twin- to eight cylinder spec, all aptly named "Norton Dementis", none of which was ever produced.Later, Kenny Dreer, Designer of the current Commando reincarantion, used the name (and never went into production). I always admired Peter Williams, and still do, but it is news to me he was ever involved in productionizing anything; the work he is famous for is developing and riding racing machinery.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Correction ZFD - it's not Norton Motorcycles Ltd, but Norton Motorcycles (UK) Ltd ! These are two different companies, registered at Companies House at about the same time, but with no connection, to the best of my knowledge.And Norton Motors Ltd is another separate British company with no connection with either of the above.Confusing, isn't it ?I guess Dreer will be pleased to see what is arguably his design, with a few improvements, when it is finally in production.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I see nearly all references to the rotary on Norton’s website have all but disappeared and the Norton racing web site seams to be no more. wonder if this is a sign that the rotary is no more? Regards Wayne
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

ZFD wrote:
cornishman wrote:I always admired Peter Williams, and still do, but it is news to me he was ever involved in productionizing anything; the work he is famous for is developing and riding racing machinery.
Peter worked at Triumph before did he not.
Regards\nGary\nRotaryArt & RoTechniks
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

rotaryart wrote:
ZFD wrote:
cornishman wrote:I always admired Peter Williams, and still do, but it is news to me he was ever involved in productionizing anything; the work he is famous for is developing and riding racing machinery.
Peter worked at Triumph before did he not.
Cant find a edit button or delete so please ignore this, thinking of a different Peter.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

He was working for Jaguar when I had a chat with him 4 years ago at Norton day. Derek.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

i see the rotary stuff has now appeard on Nortons home page nothing new though its all the new commando or 3k+ watch's ecthave they actualy produced any bike and sold it to the public yet? regards wayne
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

Can they sell any until homogulated? Not sure on the rules.When I spoke to Stuarts PA a short while ago she said they had sold several at the Long Beach show.I guess USA would always be their biggest market.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I guess the Cafe Racer would be the biggest seller here at present with the special front brake intergrated into the mudguard to help with the snow, well it would keep your tyres clean lol.I notice all of there downloads, screensavers etc have this highly desireable mod lol cool
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....