Norfolk

Assen

Norfolk

Post by Assen »

In June the wife and i are visiting the UK. We are staying in a hotel in Norwich.
Has anyone any tips for me to visit in Norfolk. Motorcycle-wise or otherwise interessting?
Looking forward to it after not visiting the UK the last 2 years due to the Corona misery...Up till then 38years of visiting the UK.
So this time it's my 39th time! Came about me watching Catweazle as a kid, and all the british bikes in my family.

Thanks, Jannes
fogrider

Re: Norfolk

Post by fogrider »

Hello Jannes,
Norwich is a very historic City on its own, George Cushings steam museum at Thursford is a good visit, not too far for a visit to Bressingham museum either. There is also the Burrell museum in Thetford ( more steam engines ) and a trip over to King'sLynn for a bit more history - I could tell you about 'Lynn, you can PM me for some info about KIng'sLynn - it has some Dutch influence.
Regards, Terry.
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Hi Jannes,
I missed the Norfolk motorbike museum at North Walsham, not too far to go as well.

Re Norwich (and King'sLynn ), download , or send for, the" Curious guide," excellent value and most enjoyable. website is: curiousabout.co.uk

If you're ever in Yorkshire, everyone, the Craven collection at Stockton on Forest is a proper old-style collection of motorbikes and parts collected over decades. Piled high with "stuff" , no glossy cabinets , it's real !

Do check on opening times, some of the places I mentioned have limited dates.

Regards, Terry.
Assen

Post by Assen »

Thank you very much Terry,
I'm going to follow up on your advice!!

Thanks, Jannes
tim harrison

Post by tim harrison »

You could try the Norfolk Motorcycle Museum in North Walsham. The town is also worth a visit. The North Coast; Cromer, Wells Next the Sea and Brancaster are lovely seaside areas with the possibility to watch seals and eat crabs. Swaffham market on Saturday. Thetford Forest for walking. Norfolk Broads National Park, a series of lakes connected by canals and rivers to the East of Norwich where you can hire a boat or just look around. Norwich Cathedral. North Norfolk Heritage Railway near Sheringham.
Will that do to be going along with?
Tim
Assen

Post by Assen »

Thanks Tim!
Also very welcome!!

Jannes