Ron While

TRL

Ron While

Post by TRL »

Just to let you know the latest news. My dad Ron is now quite frail and in a rest home for four weeks while he recovers his strength and they try to get his medication right. He has been falling a lot lately and having numerous accidents in his home, so the break and care should do him good. It is also a weight off my mind. I recently got his F1 through it's MOT and will tax and use it from May 1st.
Gerald Pleace

Re: Ron While

Post by Gerald Pleace »

Do wish Ron well from us all when you next see him.It has always been a pleasure meeting up with him and discussing riding Nortons.Best wishes Gerald
TRL

Post by TRL »

Thanks Gerald,I will do next time I visit. I was there today but will see him again soon.Regards,Mike
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Please give Ron our best when you next see him, we met him quite a few times when we lived in the UK and my wife, Tracy (an ex F1 owner), absolutely loved him and still mentions him now.
TRL

Post by TRL »

Thanks Nortonash, I will do when I see him on Wednesday. I took his F1 for a spin yesterday, purely in the interests of keeping it healthy you understand ;-)I rode it over to the home and he was pleased to see me and the bike.regards,Mike
TRL

Post by TRL »

Just a quick update as I have not been on here for so long.Ron is still at the Hafod House care home and would welcome a visit from anyone who manages to get over to the Wrexham area. If anyone wants to visit him PM me for directions.regards,Mike
TRL

Re: Ron While 1927 - 2012

Post by TRL »

Just to let you know the sad news that my dad, Ron passed away peacefully, early this morning.I will post more information in the coming days about his funeral arrangements.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I am sad to hear your news, I did not know Ron but I am sure he will be rotoring above.Condolences for your loss Regards Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Very sad to hear of Ron's passing; condolences to you and your family.Ron was very helpful to Norton in the early 90's, enthusiastically allowing us to use his treasured F1 as a test bed for various ideas, including the first 6-speed gearbox and 12mm spark plugs. Sharing early photographs with him, we may also have raced against each other in the 60's at Oulton Park.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

So sorry to hear of Ron's passing. He was a true gentleman and a great ambassador for Norton, rotaries and motorcycling in general.I had many long conversations with him in the past, mainly at Stanford Hall in NREC days and he always had time to listen and explain things rotary to me and I am sure, others.We who knew Ron will miss him and wish you, TRL and family well at this time.Best wishesGerald
TRL

Post by TRL »

For those who would like to attend, Dad, Ronald While's Funeral serviceThursday 1st March 2012 at 11.30 am in St Dunawd’s Church, Bangor on DeeCoordinates: 53.0025°N 2.9123°W Map ref SJ 388 454We are hoping to have his F1 in the church for the service. All will be welcome.Thanks to Paul, Richard and Gerald for your thoughts and wishes.Mike
TRL

Post by TRL »

Thank you to all the Norton and other rotary guys who made it to dad's funeral. It was great to see you again. Everything passed off smoothly even the weather was good. It was a fitting tribute to dad.He spent the night before the service lying in the church with his F1 undisturbed, and lots of family, friends, neighbours and his old friends from his racing days turned up for the funeral, so there was much catching up and lots of fond memories. A lovely send off. Mike