N.O.C. rally in America.

johnbirchjar

N.O.C. rally in America.

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys, The N.O.C's rally in the U.S.of A. gathers momentum,I intend to be there, are any other rotarians planning to be there?hope so, I imagine Norton rotaries are a bit thin on the ground Stateside, take care, J.B.
FloridaMike

Re: N.O.C. rally in America.

Post by FloridaMike »

When? Where?"Norton Rotaries being a bit thin on the ground in the US" has to be a masterful understatement . . . would you be interested in having a Hercules "fellow traveler" at the rally? Moral support and all that, ya know? Very Happy Best Regards,FloridaMike
gripper

Post by gripper »

I've just withdrawn my notice of interest from the NOC International rally. It just seemed a lot of messing about to ship a bike out there with crating up and then putting inside a container. I thought you could quickly weld some tiedown anchors in a container and put the bikes in without crating. Proper insurance and time the bike is away from UK was another issue for me. I'll devote the time to rallies within Europe.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I`m the same. If I cant ride my bike there I cant see the point in going. My favourite part of rallies is the ride there & the ride home. Standing around looking at old bikes which have mostly been carried to the rally doesn`t attract me.I do like the partying side of a rally but due to the age profile of most old bike club members this is fading away. The norm is now for half the rallyists to dissapear off site for a pre-arranged restaurant meal in taxis or coaches. This years N.O.C. international in Spain didn`t even have a marquee on site to gather in.Still there are the european rallies & we are forecast good weather this summer!!!Derek.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi gripper,you can allways ship your bike on a RoRo ferry,just wheel it on and tie it down, same as the crossings for Europe,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Floridamike, The rally will be in New York State, Catskill? mountains ( bit of a hike for you if your web name is a clue where you live,)regards,J.B.
gripper

Post by gripper »

Where do these RoRo ferries to the States go from then? That's a new one on me. The thought of a reclining chair for a week across the North Atlantic doesn't ring my bell. Haven't they dug a tunnel yet?
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi gripper,RoRo ferries from Southmampton to New York,I did once have the name of the company that opperated this service, but once I had decided to ship the bike in a crate in a container,(much,much, cheaper) I bined the info,but if you are realy interested I can make a few inquiries. Have a merry christmas & a safe and prosperous New Year,J.B.