Popham Mega meet.

Interpol2471

Popham Mega meet.

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi all,Myself and Tag (Roy) Allison are trying to get a stand together for the Popham Mega Meet on the 22nd August so we would like to know of interested people to come and show off their Rotary of any type.This is probably one of the biggest motorcycle meets in the country now and is really worth the ride down for the day. We are looking at having a banner made or borrowing one from the Club if it is available and setting up a rotary display of all sorts including a dummy turning engine. We need to know rough numbers for the size of stand area we require as we are booking this now in advance so please any members are welcome. The link for this meeting is http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/Motorc ... .htmCheers Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Roberto

Re: Popham Mega meet.

Post by Roberto »

I live in North Reading and Popham is not so far from home. If I get my Commander back on the road I will come.rg4e.bti@btinternet.comBWBob
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

I have the club banner (and a sectioned RE5 engine to demonstrate 'wankellism') and will get them over to my folks in Camberley for you - probably later this month. DC
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thats great news, come on chaps lets get the biggest get together going Very Happy
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Paul,I have the 22nd of August ticked on my calender and wondered what it was!!so you can put my name down for the meet,I just need to know where Popham is and what time to present myself(and bike of course)regards,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Paul,ignore the previous posting by me ,I scrolled further down the page and found all the info: that I requested,see you there,(that is if I dont see you at the NOC rally in Devon this weekend)safe riding,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

No problem John hope to see you there.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Come on chaps, roll up roll up this is a really fantastic day, are you allowed out Mr. Brown wink ??Cheers Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi there again, we have good news we expect a DKW and a Rotary speedway bike to be on the stand at the show and I have now got 18 free passes to get in. It will cost £5 for bikes under 30 years old so most Rotary's but with these passes it is free. If you send me your details you will be posted out a free pass and a letter on the event.
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

Hi Paul, If you send me your email address I will email you my details as I would love to come along.my email is jd,green@live .co.ukRegards Dave Green.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Dave it would be great to see your bike there, yet another really nice Rotary to show off Very Happy
David Brown

Post by David Brown »

Yes I have noted it in the diary, I'll be there on my Norton, now that it is running better since carb blockage. I also have various molyd engine plates in various condition and a rotor and a crankshaft for a display.It is looking like we could get a good number of Rotary's on the day which is great, the more the merrier. Paul and I went last year and it was an enjoyable day out, there is always lots of things to see and meeting up with like minded people is always good. Look forward to seeing you all there. David
MrB

Post by MrB »

I'll be pleased to turn up for it. First time to get to meet you all too! I'll be on a water cooled IP2 in respectable but used condition.E-mail address is johnnyshowlett@gmail.comJohnny
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks everyone please keep the entries flooding in we are well into double figures hopefuuly we just need a Suzuki for the full set cool
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

There was a flyer placed in the ROC Mag this month also to Contact Roy Allison for Popham tickets so you can write to him direct also if you want or get the tickets thru myself as above via email. They are the same tickets so no problem just say that they are thru the ROC website, I am the web advertiser for the event while Roy does the hard graft wink
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

We have 9 confirmed bikes so far and the invites have been sent, any more available that day?
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

Hi Paul, I sent you my details as requested but haven't recieved my pass etc.regards D G
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi to all who sent details the passes have just been sent out second class post so hopefully should be with you this week, any problems let me know.Regards Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks to everyone that supported the ROC at Popham and I think it can be said that we all had a good day with thousands of other bikes. Popham for those that did not attend is now becoming the one event not to miss with just about every marque on display. I will post the pictures on the Gallery and send them on for the Club Mag for the write up that Roy will be doing.A big thank you to Roy for the tea and again to everyone for the fantastic turn out.Here's looking forward to next year, so any ideas on more we can do please let me know but lets make it twenty bikes too Very Happy
MrB

Post by MrB »

A 200 mile round trip for me and very well worth it. Much better than the local shows around my way - the knebworth show has gone from mediocre to rubbish in 4 swift years.I second the thanks to Roy for the organistion and for splitting my ears with the grass tracker! Nice to put some faces to names to. Even the weather was on the side of the righteous so all in all an enjoyable day.Johnny