NOC in Italy

johnbirchjar

NOC in Italy

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,any other rotarians making the trip in May?J.B.
mfremlin

Re: NOC in Italy

Post by mfremlin »

Hi J.B.I am! Riding out across to Italy for the rally then on up north then down the Adriatic through Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece and onto Istanbul. Returning through Romania, Hungary etc...Regards, Mark.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Gone for a day or two are we then? Very Happy
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Mark,What route are you taking to Italy?down through France(toll roads)or Belgium, Germany,Austria ect:(none toll)rgds,J.B.
mfremlin

Post by mfremlin »

Hi John. We are going straight through France with a overnight stay in Nantua. From Dover Rimini is 952 miles and stopping at Nantua breaks this into two stints of 521 and 435 miles. Just bought a 'airhawk' seat pad, think I will need it!Mark.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

An ideal way to relax and unwind after such a long trip is to sit down and write a piece about it for the club newsletter, I always find .....Rob would be really pleased to receive it.David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Mark,950+miles in two hits!! too much for this old biker.Motorway blasting? wink I recall a couple of years ago running back from the NOC rally in France all in one day,a total of just over 400 miles,arrived home about one oclock in the morning I was absolutly knackered evil,and the memsahib made me promise never to do it again.I will look for you in Rimini,(assuming you will be rotories?)I am still undecided weather to use the Classic or the Duevile(Heart says Classic,Head says Deuvile smiley)ride safe,J.B.
mfremlin

Post by mfremlin »

Hi John.Go with your heart. You know it makes sense... Well, maybe... wink I'm on my Commander special and my friend Paul will be on his 750 Commando (Respect). This will be the only blast in our estimated 4000 plus mile bimble. Look forward to meeting up with you in Italy.Cheers, Mark.P.S David, I'm sure I can scribe a few words for the club mag.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

High speed motorway milage on a Commander is a piece of cake Very Happy ,but good luck to your buddy Paul, blasting for miles down a motorway on a 750 Commando,I recall a comment one of my 750 Commando riding buddies made when a bunch of us had a "bit of a run" down to southern Spain some years back(he had to do the trip on his Yamaha Virago 'cos the Commando had developed electric problems)the journey wasn't particularly quick,just a bit "spirited" at times,(with virtualy no motorways,)and he admited that his Commando would have struggled at times to keep up wink,ride safe,J.B.