NORTON AT THE TT !

Steve Gee

NORTON AT THE TT !

Post by Steve Gee »

Just watched an interview with Michael Dunlop confirming he has signed to race the rotary at next years TT, I`ve never made it yet but might just look into making the trip. Check out MCN website to see interview.
Interpol2471

Re: NORTON AT THE TT !

Post by Interpol2471 »

I hope he isn't holding his breath.... :oops: unless they have plans for my Interplod 2 that I do not know about yet :shock:
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

Interpol racing, now theres a thought, just imagine the roar of the exhausts and the crunching of the gearboxes (or is it just mine that does that ?) Bit unfair on those of us with ex M.O.D bikes down on power and gearing though :( seriously though, Michael has already ridden the bike and with Brian Crighton behind the project who knows what they can achieve.
Malc

Post by Malc »

Interpol racing is great, I used one in earlystocks in 1989 and it is still going strong today although not with me on it. Looks a bit naff but was built to comply with the rules at the time and had to be easily repairable should it get thrown down the track.I then converted another road bike just for track use which is just as fast but i think looks a little better.Tony Page rode both at last years Beezumph, and this year, Malcolm Preston, Paul Hulme and Classic club racer, Chris Chapman rode them.It was a big leap of faith when I first let someone else use them and a bigger leap of faith when Tony Page took My police bike around with blue lights and sirens on 2 years ago! Ex British sidecar champion Chris Vincent has also ridden the old racer and I think he enjoyed it as he was looking for another ride last year.On another note, regarding this new Norton, today I had the chance to look around the first completed prototype.In June this year, I was looking forward to seeing the race bike out but instead was lucky enough to see one of the 2 new bikes that were being built and told of some of the modifications over the museum bike.I was told that the plan was to try and get one up and running for evaluation towards the end of the season but this looked an uphill struggle.It would not have been right of me to make this public and I later saw that the museum bike was to be run at Mallory.Today, the prototype bike is complete and up and running and I am told that the initial tests have been good although there is still a long way to go.It is not painted but I think the whole package looks good, the exhaust and cooling system differs from the museum bike although the new race exhaust has yet to pass the ACU noise test so may change.Along side was the second prototype partially built and also a third chassis on the bench.This time I had to ask if I could say what I had seen in view of some of the doubters that these bikes did not exist.Money and politics apart, it is obvious that an awful lot of time and effort has been made by Stuart Tiller and Brian Crighton get the bikes to the stage they are at now, the difference between what I saw in June and today is testament to that.It was confirmed that the intention was to run at the TT and may be an Irish meetingMalc
Malc

Post by Malc »

Something else came to mind today, that is you dont have to believe everything that you read in the press, typically they just want stories and sensation when the reality is quite different.Malc
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Must admit it would be great to see the rotor in the flesh at long last and Iam glad that hopefully all will be well in the end :D It just seems strange that Norton Motors still own the rights to the Norton rotary engine but another "Company" is now producing them for racing :?: I guess all will become clear :roll:
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Mind you am I getting confussed :? between the Brian C.museum project and the new Norton initiative :?: I just don't know :oops:
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thank you Richard for putting me straight :oops: