Injector Oil for W2000

Ageing Rotarian

Injector Oil for W2000

Post by Ageing Rotarian »

Gents, I recently managed to pick up a DKW 2000 and a Classic (both have not turned a wheel for about 5 years) and have started to look at the DKW to see if there is any signs of life. It’s an injector model and had a lot of oil across the top of the engine and down the near side casing. The source was the feed pipe which seems to simply pump oil into the inlet manifold were I guess it mixes with the petrol. The pipe had numerous joints which were oozing somewhat, so not great.
I have managed to start the engine on premix and it seems to run ok (albeit only for a short while), reason for running it on premix was to check the oil pump (as per the manual). I was going to drain the oil and refill with comp 2 but I have read somewhere that you fill the tank with 20/50 surely that can’t be?
Any guidance would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Roy
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Injector Oil for W2000

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

No Roy, don’t fill the tank with 20/50 - you are right to be doubtful.

I am sure the Comp-2 you mention will be fine.

David
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Take care with Silkolene oils for rotaries as the name of that oil changed several years ago when they wished to use the 'Comp' brand for a range of four stroke oils.
Their rotary oil is now known as Classic 2T Premix, comes only in a metal 4 litre can, and is reddish-brown in colour.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Ageing Rotarian

Post by Ageing Rotarian »

Thanks for that Richard, hopefully what I have is going to be ok, but knowing my luck I know what the answer is going to be (I have gallons of the stuff)
All the best
Roy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Roy,
That in the black plastic containers looks to be the correct stuff, just more than ten years old and before Silkolene marketing screwed around with the brand names. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!