IP2 Sidepanel repair.

redshiftrotary

IP2 Sidepanel repair.

Post by redshiftrotary »

Hi to all,
I'm new to the forum so humblest apologies if I'm treading old ground here........
My (new toy) IP2 side panels are cracked / split on, or near, the holes which mount (with grommet) over the pin at the rear.
In my dim-witted state I can't figure out whether the panels are plastic or fibreglass, although I suspect the former.
Anyway, the question is: What would be the relevant glue to repair and strengthen the cracks?
I'm assuming it's probably a common problem, so any ideas what is the solution (that's a pun there folks)?
With thanks,
John D.
trevair

Re: IP2 Sidepanel repair.

Post by trevair »

hi john
usually if you look at the back if its fibreglass you will see the strand ie not a smooth surface as when it is being laid ony one side can be smoothas the layers of glass matting are put on in strand and rolled over with resin
if they are plastic abs type i had some repaired at a company who repaired bumpers they welded them together for me cost me about 20 pound but well worth it as there was no originals panels about for my laverda , usually if you take them to a bumper place they will know if it can be done
regards trev
Interpol2471

Re: IP2 Sidepanel repair.

Post by Interpol2471 »

I have some new ones cheap and some good second hand ones too
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....