F1 Yamaha parts

springbok160

F1 Yamaha parts

Post by springbok160 »

Does anyone know for sure which model Yamaha indicators were used on an F1 ?
had an unfortunate incident with mine and I need a new nearside front indicator complete.
I know that there are plenty on E bay, but I cant find one of the exact same pattern.
Cheers all.
Richard Negus

Re: F1 Yamaha parts

Post by Richard Negus »

Since a fire at my home last September, all my books and files are in store and not accessible to give you the Yamaha part numbers.
However, if you have a hard copy of my hand-written/illustrated F1 Parts List, you will find the Yamaha numbers in there.
If not, then a pleading email to Andover Norton might provide the numbers; their online list doesn't include part numbers for items they don't have in stock.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
BlackIP2

Post by BlackIP2 »

They look just like the XJ600F indicators I have in my box of bits? That's the model before the Diversion.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

They were probably XJ900F 'cos that's what we had from Yamaha as as a donor bike for parts.
BUT, the F1 has different stem lengths front/rear so one of them may be from another model.
R.
springbok160

Post by springbok160 »

Thank you Richard , I have looked at numerous FJ900 and other yam indicators and they all differ slightly. As you say the front F1 ones are much shorter so I will keep looking. In addition, I am sure that I have a parts list somewhere ????
Sorry to hear about a fire at your home. That's pretty scarey.
springbok160

Post by springbok160 »

For future info to any F1 owners.
The front indicators are off FZR100 1989/90 PART NO IVU-83310-00 AND IVU-83320-00 ( use hyphen and NOT dots) NOT AVAILABLE NEW
The rear indicators are off FJ1200 1986/87 PART NO 51J-83330-00 AND51J-83340-00 SOME AVAILABLE NEW.

I would love to go through the parts book and cross ref all the Yam parts, but that's a task for a rainy day, or a Covid lock in !! lol
Ill also put this on the FB page.
Cheers
Hans
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hans,
Well done!
The only difference between the pairs of numbers for front and rear is that one is left handed and the other right.
It may be important to some owners that the lettering on the orange lens is the correct way up.

R.