Mirrors

re5rotary

Mirrors

Post by re5rotary »

So now I have the radiator cap sorted can anyone tell me what the Commander mirrors are off? I did look back on the forum and someone once said a Reliant but looking at picture of various Reliants I cant see any mirrors that look what I have. Any one know for sure regards Terry
Zed

Re: Mirrors

Post by Zed »

They were made for a Reliant model that was never made (a version of the Kitten?), so Norton bought them a very small amount. Unfortunately there do not appear to be any more. I have seen some bikes that have alternative mirrors (presumably due to the originals being damaged), but I don't think they look as good.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

The Commander prototypes, and the first few police bikes, had an after-market mirror from Halfords which was rectangular with a white or black moulding. Police pointed out that it didn't give a very good field of view and didn't meet the regulations requiring the reflecting surface to be at least 100 mm diameter.
The replacement came from Italy via Norton's agent, now deceased, and was again an after-market item.
I tried to contact that manufacturer several years ago but got no response.
I haven't seen anything remotely like it from any other source.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
BlackIP2

Post by BlackIP2 »

At the risk of being drummed out of the club, this looks very similar to the ones fitted to the Commander in Norton's brochure...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-FORD-KA ... Swo4pYlhE3