SU Carb Piston Spring Colour

Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

SU Carb Piston Spring Colour

Post by Anthony Duffield »

All,

Grateful for advice/information regards the colour of the piston springs for our SU Carbs as fitted to water cooled Commanders.

Thanks
Tony
johnbirchjar

Re: SU Carb Piston Spring Colour

Post by johnbirchjar »

A strange request indeed exclaim, The colour of the springs is a sort of "spring colour", somewhere between Black and Brown smiley,very difficult to describe,Is one permitted to ask why? J.B.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

John,

The piston springs have a certain spring tension depending on application, paste this into your browser: http://sucarb.co.uk/piston-springs.html

The springs in our SU carbs are RED, this information was kindly supplied by George Molyneux a source of excellent information on our rotary's.

The red colour had worn off my springs hence the request for info.

Tony
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I have owned my Classic from new and the Carb Springs have never been Red,always the colour they are now.albeit,I never had reason to look at them before the year 1999,('cos the bike had been in storage for the previous 10 years smiley)J.B.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

John,

This for your info

Please see attached a photo of two new SU carb piston springs (RED) received today from Burlen.

Hope this helps

Tony
SU Piston Springs (RED).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Aha exclaim,all has now been revieled.(next time I have my springs out I shall look at them more closely Very Happy,)ride safe,J.B.